Director, Partnership Marketing
This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible strategy, planning, and execution of leading a team in developing, implementing, analyzing, growing and optimizing B2C and B2B revenue and EBITDA generating marketing programs for various types of commercial partnerships. As the Director of Partnership Marketing, you will oversee a team that manages and builds relationships and develops strategies designed to increase and drive revenue and margin through marketing partnerships promoting all FTD Company Brands.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Relationship Management -- Build sustainable executive-level relationships and lasting profitable partnerships with third parties across verticals.
- Project Management -- Oversee the planning, developing, strategy, scheduling, and execution of numerous marketing programs across verticals. Ensure that revenue and margin targets are hit through effective planning, logistics, and implementation. Includes oversight and management of program financials, including order and expense forecasting, billing and account reconciliations, and creative deliverables.
- Presentation and Communication -- Lead and facilitate senior-level partner meetings and account reviews, lead internal project status meetings.
- Negotiate and Close New Deals -- Lead team in re-negotiating marketing partnerships through value-based consultative selling, responding to RFPs, and delivering new business that profitably drives incremental orders and revenue to FTD Companies while meeting budgeted goals and partner objectives.
- Strategic and Analytical Thinking -- Develop and implement strategic partner growth plans using a blend of data analytics, knowledge of existing partner businesses, and evolving marketing capabilities.
- Leadership -- Set clear objectives for team members. Hold team and self-accountable. Communicate program activities and results to all stakeholders within the organization. Must be able to easily collaborate and influence others to obtain input and achieve superior results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA Preferred
- Experience in B2B and B2B2C Account Management & Business Development (eCommerce and Marketing sales experience preferred)
- Outstanding communication skills -- written and verbal.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Not afraid to try new things -- driven to constantly improve results.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and problem-solve.
- A strong team player -- comfortable and motivated working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholder
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Results and goal-driven with a solid track record of success
- Extremely organized multi-tasker
- Expert negotiation skills and consultative selling
- Solid understanding of a B2B sales process
- Sound qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Prior people management experience
- Position requires approximately 25% travel.