Director, Performance Marketing at Litera
Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
We are looking for an experienced data-driven Director of Performance Marketing to lead the strategy and execution for all of our paid media activities including SEM, promoted social, and media buys. You are a creative and curious leader with proven experience in developing and implementing performance marketing strategies that meet demand and lead gen objectives, as well as driving conversions and sales. You have a deep understanding of performance marketing's measurement and continual iteration and are motivated by impact on revenue and tireless pursuit of ROI maximization.
A Day in the Life:
- Collaborate across Performance Marketing, Creative, Content, MarTech, Customer Success, and Revenue teams to develop strategies, tools, plan and execute tests, track results, and define insights around all paid marketing campaigns.
- Facilitate relationships with external and internal stakeholders to align on priorities and performance marketing approach.
- Report on campaign metrics and provide insights to gauge overall success.
- Continually develop your team, personally and professionally.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Litera's new hire training, learn the business, segments, verticals, and the value Litera delivers to customers.
- Complete the Marketing team's onboarding process including understanding the Marketing roadmap and meeting with key partners in Marketing, Customer Success, and Revenue to learn their roles and responsibilities.
- Get access to all platforms and familiarize yourself with the channels.
- Introduce and meet with external stakeholders.
- Dive into the history of Litera's paid channels and learn how they've performed historically.
- Schedule 1:1s with your team and figure out where they need support.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Meet with Marketing, Revenue, and Customer Success leaders to identify areas of improvement and opportunity.
- Understand Litera's paid search, paid social, and paid media campaigns and provide recommendations.
- Lead performance marketing roadmap and collaborate with your team to define goals and execute plans.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Know how to report holistically on team's performance, goals, and next steps monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Expand our paid media, SEM, and media buying strategy, including developing and nurturing other channels we have not yet considered or implemented.
- Have full knowledge of the Performance Marketing function within the business, its impact, effectiveness, and nuances.
- Continue to mentor and develop your team.
- 7+ years of proven experience in performance marketing (paid social, paid search, SEO, display), preferably in the B2B software space - ideally SaaS
- 3+ years managing a performance marketing team
- Deep knowledge of segmentation and martech stack as it relates to campaigns
- Expert-level capabilities in such aspects as keyword selection, bidding strategy, ad copy, landing page copy and design
- Appreciation for the role of design in campaigns
- Hands-on experience a must, along with the proven ability to build and deliver campaigns without agency reliance
- Experience working with vendors and internal constituents
- Polished yet scrappy
- Flexible and open to change and new ideas
- Strong cross-functional collaborator who can be a player-coach and nurture your team
What Sets Us Apart?
- Have contact and work directly with leadership teams across the business
- Be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Access to education and professional development opportunities via conferences, workshops, employee-led diversity and inclusive initiatives, and other employee resource groups
- Great health benefits, PTO and holiday policies, and more!