Director, Product Marketing - Go To Market
Are you ready to lead a dynamic digital marketing team growing a $3.9B business?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. Do you want to take more ownership of your career? Then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Marketing team takes our diverse businesses to market - positioning our brands with consumers, translating that to engaging marketing actions, delivering a superior experience that connects them to our merchants and in turn drives business growth.
Groupon is looking for a seasoned product marketer to take our new, high-profile no-printout cashback product to market. In this role, you will be responsible for the new product rollout and scaling. You will drive the product to market and ensure profitability and materiality of the product by working cross-functionally and with the C-Suite. This is one of the most impactful roles at the company and we are looking for a passionate marketer who will lead Groupon into its next era.
At Groupon you’ve got the "best of both worlds"; we're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Take our no-printout, automatic cashback product to market and ensure product-market fit by working in a tightly coordinated fashion cross-functionally with merchant acquisition, product, finance, marketing, merchandising, brand, and analytics
- Lead team of marketers to coordinate phased marketing efforts to scale as our confidence in the strength of the product and experience increases, and to support the rollout and scaling plan
- Test into and execute the optimal media mix to drive maximum leverage at each given point in the product’s life cycle, driving demand starting from awareness through to trial, and ultimately to loyalty
- Develop and drive execution from key stakeholders against the go-to-market strategy for the new product, working with leaders across the company to solidify targeting, messaging hierarchy, branding, media mix, adequate supply coverage & inventory, product requirements, and market launch plans
- Work with our agency partners to develop the value proposition and messaging strategy for the promotion and selling of our product
- Meet with our CEO and other executives on a regular basis to provide progress updates as well as highlight strategic challenges that require their attention
- Develop forecasts/projections for customer acquisition and budgets. Develop and secure the budget to support paid marketing and the “opportunity cost budget” needed for onsite merchandising efforts; drive alignment with Finance and Revenue Management on the budgets
- Champion testing and innovation amongst the marketing channel (e.g., Display, SEM, Email) leaders to support this unique product
- Work with key product, engineering, and analytics partners to ensure that our automated marketing systems can support computational/automated marketing for the product
- Work with marketing analytics to identify and implement how we calculate efficiency for this product given differences with how our core business operates
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of marketing or product experience with 3+ years of product marketing experience
- A demonstrated track record of development and execution of creative, innovative strategies to meet objectives - both short and long-term
- Demonstrated strength in conceptual strategy and execution while still maintaining a roll-up-your-sleeves management style
- You’re able to see the bigger picture and understand relationships between complex issues when problem solving
- You anticipate, mitigate, and handle risk to top and bottom line
- You're an analytical decision-maker who also knows when to trust their instincts to innovative ways to ensure all goals are met
- You have experience leading and influencing across diverse groups, communicating goals, plans and strategy across all channels
- You’re a polished yet scrappy, entrepreneurial self-starter who can handle multiple projects at a time and drive them to completion effectively in a high energy, dynamic company environment
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.