Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We're looking for a highly commercial product marketer to own and drive the positioning, messaging, and sales enablement for Litera and develop our growing product marketing function into a highly effective team, laser focused on delivering results.
The Director of Product Marketing will motivate and lead the team to execute creative marketing tactics, measure results and iterate quickly, deliver a huge impact on the business and the market, and raise the bar on how a high-performing team operates.
- You'll work with the relevant departments and stakeholders to build and execute the go-to-market plan that best drives growth & retention for Litera.
- You'll oversee eye-catching & engaging product launches, befitting of our status as the market leader, oversee relevant sales training, formulate campaigns to drive product demand.
- You'll work closely with the product and sales team as well as customers, earning their trust and ensuring that product marketing is delivering the right message to the right audience and ensuring maximum impact.
- You'll be highly creative, with an ability to create compelling messaging for both products and the company vision, and highly motivated to deliver needle-moving results which make a difference to the business.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet with key stakeholders from Sales and Customer Success to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, differentiators, and where Marketing fits in, to design impactful marketing programs
- Meet with Product to learn more about Litera's product and roadmap to gain a better understanding and identify the best ways for us to differentiate ourselves in the market
- Meet with Marketing and the Evangelist teams to understand more about the work we're doing to establish Litera as a thought leader in the sector, assess the success/potential of existing initiatives and identify where the opportunities are to build on the foundations we've created
- Meet with the product marketing team to better understand current work priorities and approach, with a view to maximizing existing potential and developing the team & its individuals over time.
- Review website, sales collateral, and customer communications to understand and assess consistency and clarity of our current positioning
Within 3 months, you will:
- Present your assessment and proposed initiatives to the CMO, with the focus on our three core objectives – sales, renewals, and adoption, including concrete metrics to track and measure success
- Begin executing phase 1 of your plan with your team while measuring results on a daily/weekly basis; share results with key stakeholders, and the broader company as appropriate
- Clarify Litera's unique value proposition, customer journey, and personas
- Lead your team in revamping our product messaging to be clear & compelling, with the goal of driving more traffic and demo requests
- Produce a method and cadence for regularly reporting out on key metrics to the relevant stakeholders
- Assume leadership of product launch communications
- Create cross-functional project plan for supporting our upcoming product releases
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have overseen multiple successful product & feature launches
- Have become a trusted expert within the organisation in the matter of how to best connect the value of our products with the target audience, and consistently leading your team to do so in clear relatable language, both internally & externally
- Prove faster customer time to value & increased product engagement
- Establish & put into action a plan for both individual and departmental development, combined with a strong network of suitable talent to enable growth
- Lead vertical/geographic program exploring non-core markets and use to identify segments for further investment
- Shadow product team on user research in development of new features
- An inspirational leader, able to develop a creative, and results-driven culture that inspires people to do their best work
- You not only get things done and routinely meet metric-based goals, but have ability to lead a team to do the same
- Can thrive in a dynamic, high speed environment
- High EQ and ability to lead with positive influence
What Sets Us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with our upper management team
- Work with a team that has a proven track record year over year
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Access to personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system
- Great health benefits, PTO and holiday policies, & more!