Director of Social Media at Grindr (Chicago, IL or Remote)
What’s so interesting about this role?
We are seeking a Director of Social Media Strategy to join our growing Brand and Communications team. This is a unique opportunity to utilize your expertise in social media, creator/influencer strategy and Consumer PR strategy to advance Grindr’s brand affinity and reputation globally. You will be instrumental in Grindr’s growth and will be a key player in developing new channels to promote our mission of connecting the LGBTQ+ community.
What’s the job?
- Oversee Grindr’s social media strategy and develop a content led marketing strategy to increase engagement
- Leverage your knowledge of top creators and influencers across platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, and others, to drive brand awareness
- Implement paid strategies, and develop ways to measure and evaluate their effectiveness
- Support, and on occasion lead on, wider integrated marketing campaigns
- Build out a content analysis function as needed
- Keep on top of trends and developments in the industry and serve as our company lead expert
- Track, measure and evaluate results on a regular basis
What we’ll love about you
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field or an equivalent of 8+ years of experience in social media, content strategy, or related field
- Demonstrated experience leading Social Media/Content led marketing strategy for a tech, entertainment or social media company or agency, or as a senior executive for a communications or media agency with a tech/entertainment portfolio
- You are a social media strategist - someone who understands the social media landscape including key platforms and knows who the top influencers are and how to leverage them
- Proven experience implementing paid strategies to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of the LGBTQ+ community and experience working with diverse populations
- You can analyze results, iterate and grow
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experience in entertainment or dating
- Demonstrated experience working cross functionally with marketing and leading wider integrated marketing campaigns
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and eligibility for company bonus and equity programs
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Location: We are looking to hire someone in the Los Angeles area.
Grindr is the world’s largest dating app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. With around 13 million monthly active users, Grindr has become a fundamental part of the global LGBTQ community, and we take pride in empowering our users to connect, express themselves, and discover the queer world around them.
Our next evolution is underway as a newly public company looking to expand and continue to build meaningful experiences for our users. From social issues to original content, we’re blazing innovative paths with impact for our community, all while leveraging the latest tech stacks and striving for engineering excellence. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values: openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community.
With a track record of strong financial performance and plans for continued headcount growth, we’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and are excited to work at the intersection of innovative technology and social impact. Come be a part of this exciting journey with us.
Grindr is an equal-opportunity employer
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity, benefits, and a company bonus program.
Base Pay Range