Email Marketing Associate at Rocket Travel, Inc
Rocket Travel is looking for an Email Marketing Associate to join our growing Marketing team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our partnerships, product, and design teams, helping to develop and execute campaigns for Rocketmiles.com and our growing list of white label travel booking platforms.As an Email Marketing Associate at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Work closely with our partnerships team to develop campaigns, including promotions, blast campaigns, lifecycle emails (e.g. Welcome emails, Abandoned Cart emails), landing pages, and web placements
- Example: Work with our T-Mobile partner manager and team to pitch a Black Friday / Cyber Monday email campaign to our T-Mobile Travel audience, and then execute on the idea by building and launching the campaign
- Build, test, and optimize automated transactional and marketing emails that trigger based on user behavior
- Example: A/B testing an abandoned cart email, or creating a booking confirmation email for a new partner launch
- Analyze and report on campaign KPIs,, such as booking and customer conversion, from data compiled from business partner interactions and from internal systems
- Example: use SQL to look at how many bookings/ how much revenue an email campaign created and form hypothesis as to what worked / did not work well
- Note: this role will be heavily focused on email, but experience and interest in other marketing channels (e.g. paid performance, content, SEO, social) is a plus!
- You have 2-4 years of hands-on email marketing experience. We use Iterable and Sendgrid.
- You are comfortable working in HTML and CSS and using merge tags and dynamic logic in email.
- You have a data-driven mindset. We’re looking for someone comfortable with both campaign analytics and using customer data to create personalized, dynamic email campaigns. Familiarity with Excel, Google Sheets and/or SQL required.
- You’re able to work independently, manage your own workload, and switch gears quickly as necessary. Agile/startup experience a plus.
- You have an eye for design. Design ability is a plus, but not required.
- English proficiency required, Spanish & Portuguese a plus
- You love to travel! When it’s safe, of course.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Can work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we're all working remotely for the time being, and we welcome full-time remote applicants, too.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, polishing our UI, and growing our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes.
Rocket Travel partners with loyalty programs around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings Group two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocketmiles priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.