Email Marketing Specialist
Purpose of Position
The Email Marketing Specialist reports into the Director of Email Marketing and Loyalty, and will be a crucial contributor to driving company sales through email marketing and direct mail channels. Working with the team, this position focuses on managing the production aspects of developing and optimizing existing email marketing campaigns and implementing new email marketing campaigns, procedures, and processes. This role will include management of the campaign development process from working with the creative team to final campaign approval, scheduling, and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the scheduling and execution of email programs
- Manage performance of email campaigns from creative assets and audience targeting, delivery to the email service provider (ESP), creative setup, testing and deployment via ESP
- Final QA of all email marketing messages; i.e., creative accuracy, grammar, link resolution, link tracking, image rendering, etc.
- Develop new campaigns from initial concept, setup with ESP & IT, through completion and continual optimization
- Report Analyze email campaign KPIs and identify trends to develop strategies and implement optimization tactics
- Execute and monitor daily marketing emails
- Track performance and KPIs (email and financial metrics)
- Document processes and understand existing feeds with ESP
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required; 2 or more years of email marketing experience
- Ability to work with multiple cross-functional partners including; creative/design, merchandising, IT and external email vendors
- Ability to creatively think through issues to then come up with actionable solutions
- Knowledgeable about email best practices
- Intermediate HTML experience a plus
- Mobile email experience a plus
- Excellent planning, organization, detail, and time management skills to track multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent track record of driving projects through to completion.
- Experience leading the development, testing, and implementation of automated and event-triggered email programs.
- Excellent communication both verbally and written, a high degree of professionalism, and comfortable communicating with senior leadership
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel; basic HTML experience a plus