Email Marketing Specialist
Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
We are looking for an email specialist to join our team of rock-star marketers. This is an important position at Kazoo as email is a crucial channel for communicating with prospective and current customers as part of our overall marketing strategies. If you are intellectually curious, highly collaborative, ambitious, and can thrive in a dynamic environment, then this may be the role for you.
You'll need to have a passion for using the email channel to drive business results as you develop, deploy, and optimize email campaigns using our marketing automation platform, Marketo. This role requires a flexible and collaborative teammate who works well in groups where tasks are often shared. You'll build out campaigns using segmentation, creative assets, and copy in support of our demand generation, prospect nurture, and customer communications efforts. You will have excellent written communication skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple concurrent project fast-paced environment.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Lead all the day to day operations of our email channel
- Execute prospect and customer facing email marketing communications including nurture programs, triggered programs, newsletters, customer communications, and one-off campaigns
- Measure, monitor, and report on email performance, deriving insights from data and suggesting improvements to both strategy and tactics
- Help develop and execute tests across all segments and email programs to improve engagement and conversion rates
- Work to maintain the health of our customer and prospect and database, including deliverability, cleanup, and data quality
- Partner with the other marketing teammates to develop the content, copy and segmentation for our email campaigns, as well as integrated, cross-channel campaigns
- Help identify and implement new email technologies to improve our performance
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 2+ years of experience in email marketing or a similar role (B2B experience is a plus)
- Hands-on experience using marketing automation (Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua) or other email marketing tools
- Analytical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with A/B testing is also a plus
- Experience implementing a demand generation and/or content marketing strategy, including lead scoring, lead nurturing, and other digital campaigns
- A mindset that no job is too big or too small for you and you have the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.