Event Marketing Manager at Paylocity (Northwest Suburbs, IL)
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports to: Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing
The Event Marketing Manager will lead a team of passionate event planners and agency partners to deliver best-in-class event experiences for Paylocity’s employees and prospects. They will have a natural curiosity to understand the business strategy and use their skills to create and perfectly execute experiences that support the objectives.
The Event Marketing Manager has a demonstrated track record of success in strategy development, project management, including creating and managing budgets, creating timelines and workplans, leading planning meetings and collaborating with business partners to drive results. We are looking for a good communicator who keeps partners informed.
The ideal candidate is skilled at producing both in-person and virtual experiences. They are comfortable with digital environments and have a consistent track record of creating high-quality virtual events utilizing various technology platforms.
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Lead the events team, setting strategic direction, providing coaching to team members, and coordinating work assignments among in-house and agency resources.
- Drive the company’s national tradeshow presence, bringing together stakeholder groups to drive market awareness and differentiation within target audiences.
- Work with Sales leadership to create rich incentive travel experiences for the company’s top sales producers through annual Sales Club events.
- Produce the annual sales kick-off meeting, coordinating content from across the organization, including either virtual platform or in-person venue management.
- Provide turnkey solutions for field trade events, including booth assets, sales materials, pre- and post-event communication templates, and sponsorship coordination as needed.
- Build, manage and coordinate cross-departmentally the marketing event calendar to ensure that all events are documented and communicated to internal teams.
- Responsible for managing all budget tracking, payments, and vendor contracts, working closely with the Procurement team.
- Present events success and optimization ideas to leadership to continually improve impact and ROI.
- 5+ years event marketing experience in B2B SaaS.
- Demonstrated success managing agency or other event provider relationships- from sourcing vendors, procurement and negotiating, and agency relationships.
- Proven project management skills (event tracking, ROI measurement, scorecards) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge and experience with event planning (Cvent, ON24), marketing automation and CRM.
- Strong cross group collaboration skills working with multiple team members across different departments.
- BS/BA in Communications, Marketing or related
- Willingness to travel to various locations for events up to 30%
As of 6/11/21 this excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
· Education & Awareness
· Client Community
· Company Representation
· Advocacy & Support
· Fairness & Equality
· PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.