Experiential Marketing and Events Specialist
What You'll Do:
- Own events from conception, through planning and execution
- Manage event logistics, working closely with vendors such as caterers, service providers, A/V, decorators, freight, etc.
- Participate in the strategic planning process for meetings and events, including identifying event objectives and constructing initial budgets
- Oversee vendor and venue sourcing/selection, management and supervision
- Manage budget, track and report expenditures, and reconcile event billing
- Monitor time lines for multiple events, including sponsorship deliverables, payment schedules, communication deadlines, etc.
- Manage trade show booth creation & set-ups
- Review event communication (microsites, invitations, emails) for information accuracy
- Contribute to post-event reports and debriefs
- Travel for site selections, pre-planning meetings and to manage events, sometimes with short notice
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline, or equivalent experience in relevant field
- Experience in managing operations for trade shows, conferences, workshops and user meet-ups
- Track record of success in executing past events (online or through printed materials)
- Ability to multi-task and strategically plan in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated writing and copy-editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Previous use of Marketo and familiarity with Salesforce.com an advantage
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.