Freelance Internal Communications Coordinator at The Marketing Store
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
A fantastic opportunity has opened up for an Internal Communications Coordinator to join our global Communications team!
Reporting into the VP, Global Internal Communications the role is based in Chicago but will work with colleagues around the world. You will be working closely with HR, Sustainability and Supply Chain teams, and partner with Creative to deliver a range of communications activity.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
We are looking for a confident, dynamic, passionate comms professional who will continuously look for the most effective ways to engage colleagues and clients with our internal story. You will need to manage multiple projects and stakeholders comfortably
You’ll work with the team to help promote the business internally and to the client. This includes spotting great stories, writing articles and announcements, and advising colleagues in other teams on effective communications tactics. You will also produce content plans for various comms channels, while driving the population of content itself.
Desired Skills & Experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have proven internal communications experience
- Create and deliver internal communication plans to support internal initiatives and programs
- Be a strong, natural writer, able to draft accurate and engaging copy at pace and in plain English
- Organize activities and events that help to share knowledge inside our offices (COVID dependent!)
- Have experience of using intranet content management systems
- Make sure our communications have a consistent tone of voice and style
- Bring fresh and innovative thinking and communications processes to maximize employee engagement with internal comms
- Have excellent attention to detail
- The ability to think and communicate clearly and concisely
- Have experience working in a global or matrixed organization
- Show flexibility and adaptability
- Have a positive, can-do attitude