You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join a supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a freshly funded ($8M Series A in December 2018) startup HQ'd in Chicago's Fulton Market District. Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
We are a marketplace and community that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward, while expanding professional opportunities for women.
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now....
We are looking for full-time, mid-level, in-house Graphic Designer with the skills to help elevate The Mom Project brand, marketing efforts and content strategy.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable cultivating new design systems, owning the visual aspect of our brand and bringing it to life in a variety of ways. This person is able to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues across departments, designing for different objectives and audiences (marketing, editorial, sales, B2B, B2C, etc.). This person gets excited about generating creative ideas and building visual concepts that push the brand forward with each project.
• Reporting to the Director of Content as a core member of our marketing team
• Visually bringing life to all the things
• Producing marketing and sales collateral like pitch decks, one-pagers and more
• Designing beautiful marketing emails
• Creating digital ads and acquisition campaigns
• Developing new design systems that elevate our existing visual style
• Organizing research data and information into impactful reports and infographics
• Designing blog imagery and graphics to support editorial content
• Designing Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media assets
• 5-7 years of full-time or relevant experience in a related role in-house or at an agency
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
• Advanced Adobe skills (some motion graphics experience is a plus)
• Strong portfolio featuring examples of digital, illustration and editorial work
• Keen attention to detail and confident proofreader
• Solid communication skills with both on-site and off-site colleagues
• Able to work autonomously and nimbly in a fast-paced environment
• Quick to solve problems and introduce new processes
• Eager to learn and grow within a company that is growing quickly
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Dog-friendly office in the wonderful Fulton Market neighborhood of Chicago
• Paid parental leave, obviously!
• Subsidized lunches delivered twice a week
• Option to work remotely on Fridays and an overall culture of flexibility (because life outside of work exists and is important)
In the "Why Me?" section please include a link to your design portfolio and what makes you stand out as a design professional, and a human.