Market Research Analyst/Sr. Analyst
The Market Research Analyst will work in close collaboration with various functional teams, including sales, marketing, and enrollment, to execute and deliver market research reports and analyses that help drive the strategic direction of All Campus. We’re looking for a strategic contributor who is an expert in combining research insights with business objectives.
Primarily, the Market Research Analyst will design and execute custom market research studies related to market viability of university degree programs, trends in online education, and other related aspects of higher education. The Analyst will be responsible for research design, data collection, and providing, professional reporting and insights to both internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail when it comes to data collection as well as the ability to see the big picture and write insightful, client-ready reports and analyses based on the data.
The designation of Analyst or Senior Analyst will be based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Participate in meetings with sales, client services and marketing teams to understand client research objectives
- Work in collaboration with the Market Research Manager to outline research structure, timeline and deliverables
- Collect and analyze data from primary and secondary source data.
- Input data into existing templates and verify the accuracy of data.
- Identify trends and provide analyses of competitors’ products and services, market share, and market strategies.
- Prepare initial reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating findings into clearly written text
- Prepare final reports and presentations in a variety of outputs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) for internal and external communications.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Library or Information Sciences, Social Sciences or another related field.
- 2-3 years of quantitative research experience required including compiling data into reports and other deliverables, with basic understanding of sound research principles. Prior experience at a market research agency preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of search engines and business research tools
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with an ability to move from data information to actionable recommendations
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Self-starter and highly motivated. Must be capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with primary research methods and techniques (e.g., focus groups, online surveys).
- Knowledge of the higher education industry
- Familiarity with SPSS, SAS or other statistical software