Marketing Associate at Ethos Talent
At Ethos, we are creating the conditions for everyone to thrive at work. We’re company culture meets diversity, equity, and inclusion, and our work helps build incredible – and incredibly diverse – company cultures.
As the Marketing Associate at Ethos, you are the voice of our brand and the ultimate spreader of our messages. You are responsible for expanding and growing our business – and our social impact footprint – through a combination of strategic thinking, content marketing, and methodical performance measurement. You believe that people can do good if they have the tools and information they need, and you are committed to getting them both.
The Objectives You’re Here to Meet
In your first nine months at Ethos, you will have a major impact quickly across six key areas.
- Build Strategy. You will collaborate with the Ethos team to develop our Marketing Strategy into next year, and support work across brand identity, voice, and marketing automation.
- Create Content. You will create thought leadership in short, medium, and long forms to spread our messages of equity and belonging.
- Expand Our Reach. You will work diligently and doggedly to expand our online following and reach those we couldn’t without core marketing strategies.
- Measure Performance. You will refine our existing dashboards and metrics-tracking systems and develop new methodologies for tracking attribution and lead generation.
- Forge Partnerships. You will collaborate with media and both local and national partners to promote our shared messages.
- Support Clients. You will support 1-2 client accounts in content creation and performance tracking.
How You’ll Meet Those Objectives
- Partner with the CEO to develop our full-scale Marketing Strategy for 2020 and 2021.
- Collaborate with the team to create a complete set of brand standards for all of our channels and platforms.
- Support the Executive Assistant in improving our marketing automation system strategy and creating streamlined workflows.
- Conduct research on the latest breakthroughs and data in diversity, equity, and inclusion, cultural competence, and culture to develop thought leadership.
- Support any and all updates to our copy across platforms, including our website, email marketing platforms, landing pages, and social media profiles.
- Support the design of our case studies, whitepapers, blog content, decks, and any other marketing materials.
- Expand our following across our social media accounts across Twitter and LinkedIn, and promote Ethos and client activities.
- Create sophisticated funnels that promote our public classes and our Pivot Coaching program, bringing both new offerings to profitability.
Create weekly metrics dashboards monitoring the success of all of our marketing platforms and monthly reports complete with recommendations for change.
Develop a true marketing attribution system that allows us to measure the impact of our marketing efforts on top-line revenue growth.
- Create and manage our list of targeted PR contacts, and work closely with them to secure media placements for Ethos and its team members.
- Develop relationships with Chicago-based and national partners to co-create content and co-host digital and live events, along with cross-promotional marketing efforts.
- Support internal marketing efforts by creating new content and campaigns around new and existing clients.
- Support our Inclusive Communications practice by developing social and blog content for 1-2 clients and generating their weekly metrics dashboards and monthly reporting tools.
- Serve as the official proofreader and editor on all of our client-facing work.
What We’re Looking For
- You are called to create equity and belonging. You are drawn to Ethos because you want to create a more equitable and inclusive working world, one where power evenly distributed and everyone can be appreciated and leveraged for all they are at work.
- You thrive in ambiguity and startup environments. You love ordering chaos, and are genuinely excited when faced with change. Pivots energize you, and navigating uncertainty gives you a sense of purpose. You are an adventure-seeker who doesn’t like to sit still, and instead of being afraid that something is outside of your wheelhouse, you see every shift as an opportunity to learn. You prefer small teams – like, really small – and appreciate the flexibility they offer professionally.
- You are a “Full-Stack Creative.” You are a true generalist when it comes to creative work. You are a copywriter, social media expert, blogger, and media strategist. You also have at least one major multimedia talent, whether it’s video production, graphic design, photography, or all of the above.
- You are data-minded. You understand that marketing drives value, and in order to demonstrate that value, you have to be able to back it up with data. You are versed in creating marketing analytics dashboards, you understand the importance of marketing attribution, and you have experience tracking lead generation and funnel performance.
- You aspire to be client-facing. While at the start of your time at Ethos, you will primarily collaborate with our internal team, especially the CEO, Learning Designer, and Executive Assistant, ultimately, you are joining a consulting firm and education company because you aspire to be in front of clients. You hope to split your time between Ethos and our 45+ clients, and you want to hone your skills to be able to do this work well. You are truly energized by not just being in meetings, but leading them, and you find yourself drawn to networking whenever you have a chance.
How We Invest in You
- Compensation: We will offer between $45,000 – $52,000 for this role depending on the candidate’s capabilities and skills.
- Benefits: We offer Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance and cover 80% of the premium. We also offer an IRA Plan through Ethos, where we match your contributions up to a cap of 3% of your annual salary.
- Career Development: Ethos believes in the work we do; our employees get the best of all we have to offer for their own personal development, including quarterly facilitated team development sessions and offsites.
- Book Learning: At Ethos, “readers are leaders.” We cover the cost of two books a month, whether in print, digital, or audiobook form. It doesn’t matter if the books are professional, personal, or both; the only question we’ll ask is if we should read them, too!
- Continuing Education Stipend: After nine months with Ethos, the Marketing Associate will receive up to a $2,000 quarterly stipend for education, whether through conferences, live or online classes, or anything else that furthers learning.
- Vacation Time: We encourage employees to take the time they need to bring their best selves to work, which means we offer an open vacation policy.
- Flexible Officing: During COVID-19, our team is fully remote for our safety and well-being. Pre-and-post COVID-19, we prefer to have you in our office three days a week; otherwise, you’re welcome to work remotely from anywhere that’s most convenient for you!
More About Ethos
We truly believe in people. It’s this deep-rooted belief in others that drives us. We aim to give our clients the security to pursue optimism. That’s what shapes our values. We do this through culture consulting, DEI consulting, learning design and training, and talent development.
Our values help us achieve our vision for the future.
- Start with Why: We always know the “why” behind everything we do.
- Always Learn: We are focused on becoming better each day through consistent, concerted research, practice, and study.
- Teach Love: We fill our days with work that gives us purpose. We listen to and understand others, and help them to love what they do and the people around them.
- Build a Better Future: We believe in possibility and the potential for future growth and see every challenge, obstacle, and experience as an opportunity.
- If you want to learn more about what we do and why it matters, visit: ethostalent.com.