Marketing Manager, CPG Partnerships (Growth Marketing Team) at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
As a Manager of CPG Partnerships, you will be responsible for working with a wide range of outside companies to create and capture value for Grubhub. You will lead complex integrated marketing campaigns from strategic planning through execution. You will collaborate closely with our Growth, Brand and Restaurant Marketing teams to prioritize, plan, and execute partnership initiatives. As part of our organization, you will have significant exposure to leaders across a wide range of the business, and have the opportunity to impact our business goals. The successful candidate will have experience with business development, management of external relationships, and coordinating cross-functional internal and external projects.
The Impact You Will Make
- Evaluate and present business cases for potential CPG partnerships by analyzing the strategies, growth potential, and financial impact.
- Manage several different CPG partnership relationships at the same time.
- Develop long-term relationships with several CPG brands that may impact growth for our restaurant partners, our own GH brand or possibly even virtual restaurant opportunities.
- Serve as day-to-day contact with external CPG partners; manage asset/contract negotiation, build successful programs that bring partnerships to life
- Work cross-functionally across product, engineering, marketing, operations, restaurant teams and legal to gather internal feedback and bring new partnership ideas to the table.
- Lead long-term partnerships and drive value through new, innovative initiatives that increase the retention of existing diners and acquisition of new diners.
- In tight collaboration with Brand, examine opportunities for key partnerships to build diner awareness, consideration, brand preference, and conversion.
- Research partners, competitors, and opportunities in order to write tight, well-supported partnership proposals.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5-7 years experience in business development, CPG partnerships, marketing, management consulting or similar.
- Deep understanding of the CPG world and how to ladder up to strategic goals.
- Sales--can you pitch?
- Analysis--can you analyze?
- Deeply curious, a great listener, demonstrated ability to think strategically and distill complicated challenges into simple, clear thoughts and paths forward.
- Demonstrate openness, logic and sound reasoning to address others' concerns and gain support of marketing programs
- Competence in Excel or Google Sheets, with the ability to understand and debate financial models that evaluate the economics of potential programs.
- Competence in Powerpoint or Google Slides, with the ability to craft--deliver--compelling presentations.
- Comfortable with contracts and negotiation.
- Develop strategies, tactics, and implementation.
- Oversee the entire partnership cycle from initial engagement through the launch.
- Track record for identifying new opportunities and taking from them from idea, through organizational buy-in through to implementation/launch.
- Become an expert on all of Grubhub's various capabilities.
- Lead and manage partnerships that deliver results.
- Be a strong relationship builder.
- Demonstrated level of grittiness.
- High energy and stamina.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]