Merchandising Strategy Manager
Are you looking for a way to challenge yourself and build your digital merchandising skills?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Merchandising Strategy Manager will develop strategy and execute on vertical specific marketing and merchandising plans on behalf of the Retail, H&A and Coupons vertical and coordinate with the central marketing teams. You will use a combination of expertise on the customer and data to develop and partner with marketing, product, revenue management and finance teams to bring these campaigns to life.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will develop new and expanding demand generation programs partnering with channels and business development teams
- Collaborate with Brand Merchandising teams to expertly develop and execute broad vertical-specific campaigns and programs
- Partner with Channels to develop distribution plans for large accounts including paid placement and demand generating
- You will partner with the creative services team to design the look and feel of campaigns
- Drive operations for vertical-specific campaigns by selecting inventory and building / sending assets
- Expand campaigns from Lifecycle Marketing teams based upon segmentation and targeting insights
- You will work with vertical product and engineering to prioritize enhancements to owned marketing assets, entry points, category landing pages etc.
- You will lead campaign project management during peak season, aligning all partnering teams to a common goal
- Manage marketing assets through back-end tools across multiple platforms, including site, mobile, and email
- Partner with Marketing teams on promoting merchandising efforts through affiliates and SEO/SEM optimization
- Analysis of prior marketing events, ensuring high performing programs are resourced and low performers are improved
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute strategy
You are awesome at:
- Innovation Management: You are good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; you have good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; a sense about supporting the creative process of others; you can facilitate effective brainstorming and project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace
- Planning: You accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; set objectives and goals; you break down work into the process steps; develop schedules and task/people assignments; you anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks; and measure performance against goals
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears appropriately, can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is full of energy for the things that she/he sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience. Consultant and e-commerce experience preferred
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of making things happen through cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative, and problem solving skills; strategic and creative thinking with keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big picture"
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Extensive focus on analytic decision-making using data
- You are a creative thinker and come up with innovative and effective ways to ensure all goals are met
- You communicate effectively, both via keyboard and in person
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.