MGR I EARNED MEDIA
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
Develop and lead earned media activity and influencer relations for eCommerce. Ultimately, these activities should drive positive engagement across trade and consumer audiences, deliver impressions that bring traffic to our sites.
This person will be responsible for delivering PR campaigns that are aligned to the seasonal retail calendar and result in substantial media impressions with top-tier media outlets that reach core prospects.
This person will work closely with key stakeholders including Ahold Delhaize External Communications and Brand PR teams to maximize coverage for the eCommerce business.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
(List required skills candidates must have to be considered for the role. The list below is an example of essential skills but is not limited to the mentioned requirements).
- Create annual goals that support overall eCommerce goals, for internal PR Team as well as partnering agencies
- Develop communications strategy / programs and manage all media relations, consumer events, influencer outreach and corporate communication activities aligned to commercial planning
- Identify positive stories that effectively communicate key Peapod initiatives or customer value proposition
- Provide thought leadership for how to drive enhanced levels of earned media and how to best measure impact of PR activities
- Serve as strategic communications counsel for eCommerce, including assisting with critical presentations for internal and external events
- Serve as spokesperson as required responding to all media calls or referring to others as appropriate
- Maintain positive, proactive relationships with consumer and trade media that cover e-commerce, online grocery, consumer food / recipes and technology
- Maintain up-to-date media and blogger lists for outreach purposes; record media logs of all press queries handled
- Deliver weekly PR updates and Period reports highlighting external communications across the markets
- Identify opportunities for executive thought leadership on strategic issues that generate stakeholder good will and customer loyalty
- Serve as a single point of contact for eCommerce and act as liaison for other RBS or Brand PR & Communications teams
- Secure Executive approval for all press releases issued by Peapod
- Act as key crisis communications counsel; drive message development and delivery on sensitive issues and campaigns ensuring appropriate sign-off and approvals are secured
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Highly profficient Microsoft Office knowledge – strong PowerPoint required
- Deep knowledge of social media channels, influencer engagement and earned media tactics
- Knowledge of e-commerce or retail industry; knowledge of food, digital or grocery industry a plus but not required
- Deep commercial awareness and intellectual curiosity about the more complex aspects of the business, particularly on the Operational and IT/Dev side of business
- Oral and written communications skills, extensive presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Supervisory/leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic planning
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.