Onsite Search Analyst
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Located downtown Chicago, Gamut is a start-up operation being launched by Grainger. The company is developing an innovative, new e-commerce platform that will leverage technology, structured data, and customer insights to launch a successful new business. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop a dynamic organization from the ground up and explore numerous career development possibilities as the company continues to grow.
- Improve the online search experience
- Utilize tools to help customers effectively and quickly navigate to the right product and solution online and grow revenue
- Execute activities that relate to the search experience, which might include:
- Search term research, analysis, and diagnosis
- Documenting the issue and providing the appropriate course of action for resolution
- Communicating to internal business partners
- Implementing customer and field feedback
- Creating and executing on business rules that impact the search results display: thesaurus and redirect entries.
- Summarizing the search related issues / trends into work tracks for scalable resolution
- Search Term Optimization
- Research and identify alternate naming conventions, Industry/trade terms, search variations, and categorizations
- Provide data enhancement recommendations (Data Gaps, missing information, Inconsistent UOM / abbreviations, Mis-categorization, etc.)
- Provide requirements / recommendations
- Web / Product Hierarchy
- Web Fields (New, Searchable, etc.)
- Data Cleansing
- Optimize the search experience by monitoring search logs, analytics, and feedback and recommending the appropriate changes to product data, dimensional attributes, product categorization, and other data related enhancements
- 1-2 years of experience in Marketing and Merchandising field
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Regular project updates to management
- Experience with search tools is a plus
- Good analytical & problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Product Manager, Project Manager, Technical Support, Operations, Technology