Paid Digital Marketing Analyst
Walker Sands is seeking a paid digital marketing analyst in our Chicago office to help manage our clients' pay per click (PPC) internet marketing programs. This open position requires an understanding of Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords), paid LinkedIn, optimization of paid search advertising campaigns, Excel and SEM best practices for large PPC campaigns.
Walker Sands offers a fun, challenging and engaging work environment. Working within our digital group is a tremendous opportunity for someone to grow and expand his or her career in internet marketing.
- Conduct keyword research as an input to our clients' PPC programs.
- Set up and manage large-scale, performance-based PPC campaigns.
- Develop audiences for remarketing, display and paid social campaigns.
- Work with PPC team lead to develop clients’ paid digital marketing strategies along with the account team.
- Client facing communication (written, verbal and in-person) on paid and integrated digital marketing strategy, execution and results
- Work, collaborate and build strong relationships with a cross functional agency team to support the execution of paid and integrated marketing programs
- Optimize campaigns based on budget, lead generation goals, cost-per-action targets and other parameters that the account manager or clients specify.
- Provide regular reporting and recommendations to account manager and client based on PPC program results.
- Write effective ad copy for PPC ads.
- 2-4 years of full-time experience managing Google Ads or similar pay-per-click campaigns, ideally simultaneous program management for clients with monthly budgets exceeding $15,000.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, in marketing, statistics or operations.
- Self-motivated individual with passion for marketing, advertising and campaign management.
- Knowledge of SEM best practices is a must.
- Client facing experience preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including intermediate formulas (e.g. vlookup, index match, sum filter, pivot tables).
- Candidates with Google Ads Certification, Google Analytics Certification, knowledge of web analytics and experience with conversion rate optimization will be preferred.