Paid Search Marketing Manager at FTD
Paid Search Marketing Manager SEM - Chicago, Illinois
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
The Search Engine (Paid Search) Marketing Manager works closely with our Digital Marketing Team to own, run and grow our multi-million dollar SEM programs across one or more brands. The Right person for this job has organizational skills and is a problem solver. Confidence and drive are essential for this role as you drive your category and roll up your sleeves while working with various FTD Corporate teams.
What you will contribute:
- You will own the program P&L. Drive profitable sales of FTD Companies' products through effective and efficient SEM & SEO.
- You will act as the primary point of contact between the FTD brands and our agencies. Dealing with the brands for assigned SEM budgets, precise execution of buys and recommended optimizations to improve critical metrics of the campaign. You will be responsible for all brand requests related to Paid Search performance and strategy
- You strategize, plan, and execute Paid SEM tactics for our FTD brands. You will develop an understanding and then be able to articulate our vision and strategy to our agencies and brands.
- Most importantly you will then work collaboratively to translate strategic vision into tactical solutions and results
- You should be well versed in brand important metrics, specifically performance critical metrics: (ROAS, CTR, CPA, conversion rate, incremental cost, etc.). Auditing and analyzing the data, synthesizing all metrics, and formulate critical analysis and insights from data to make a specific recommendation is crucial.
- We want you to have an in-depth understanding of Paid Search campaign management and optimization practices. You are seasoned in optimizing Paid Search Marketing to a performance goal, with knowledge of bidding algorithms, bid modifiers, ad copy creation, and testing, and budget allocation. Additionally, having experience managing Google AdWords, Paid Search campaigns and handling Bing Ads Campaigns.
- We are looking for you to build and own the roadmap for ongoing innovation to ensure we are delivering on best in class testing opportunities throughout the search and the digital landscape. You will need to work cross-functionally to test and implement optimizations across the consumer journey - SEM Search Engine Marketing to landing pages to larger scale cross-channel testing at the audience level
- Monitor Paid Search and more considerable digital marketing industry changes and translate those into actionable recommendations for brands and colleagues regarding the Paid Search strategy
We are seeking for you to understand and contribute to the world of integrated digital performance marketing, i.e., such as Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Management and Display Marketing. From this, you can collaborate across marketing channels, platforms and functions to achieve optimal company-wide results, build trust and maintain positive relationships with brand teams, partner agencies, and vendors.
What we seek:
We prefer a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in SEO with large paid search programs on either the client or agency side. You have no problem running multiple projects and working in a cross-functional team and developed strong analytical skills because of this. You are able to gather, analyze, summarize, and present data to all levels of the organization.
- Do you consider yourself a Shakespearian student and have excellent communication and presentation skills?
- Are your strong Excel skills strong and include but not limited to financial and bid analysis?
- Do you have a track record of strong results and history of making positive impacts within previous organizations?
What we offer:
A great Search Engine Marketing Manager opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We deeply enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We strongly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.