PR and Communications Manager at Litera
The Opportunity: We are looking for a PR and Communications Manager to support the marketing team with all media and industry relations. You will have a key role planning and executing Litera's internal and external public relations and communication strategies, as well as, cultivating media coverage. You are a strategic thinker that can lay a foundation for ongoing PR efforts while being organized and efficient enough to react and capitalize on opportunities that present themselves. This is a great opportunity to build a career with a fast-paced, results-driven marketing team at a growing company.
Day in the Life:
- Develop and execute our overall communications strategy, inclusive of public relations, media relations, crisis communications, and internal communications
- Advance the strategy and voice for CEO and internal thought leaders, including speaking engagements, media interviews, media preparation, and internal communications
- Write, pitch, and place press releases to increase visibility of the brand
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with journalists and influencers across applicable industries
- Work with marketing team and other departments to create and maintain the social media calendar and share content across platforms
- Monitor media coverage; develop responses when needed
- Create weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports
- Create and publish high-quality, engaging written and visual content
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet with the marketing team and other key stakeholders to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, and marketing's role.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with the tools and platforms used by the team.
- Meet and begin building relationships with key industry contacts.
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop and begin executing on 2021 communications strategy.
- Understand and be able to work with writers to create compelling content for executives and thought leaders in their own voice.
- Determine list of awards for recognition of Litera and employees.
- Identify additional outlets to pitch articles, interviews, and press releases to help tell the Litera story and build recognition.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Review and analyze media coverage and activity and update communications strategy accordingly to ensure continued alignment with business and marketing goals.
- Cultivate and integrate new ideas and campaigns that align with current and future marketing goals.
- 5+ years' experience in communications and public relations
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Solid understanding of effective marketing strategies, materials, and channels
- Extensive experience working with media, including top-tier national, regional, and trade outlets
- Self-motivated and can thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment