Product Marketing Manager
As we continue to evolve our Marketing team to further drive our growth as a brand and a business, we are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to support the development efforts for 1-2 of our business lines. We've got plans to launch a large number of awesome new SaaS-based research products on an ongoing basis for the foreseeable future (as well as a bunch of great products we've already launched), and we're looking for an additional team member to support those efforts.
Our team members are focused on serving as the voice of the customer and increasing the number of quality leads we turn over to the new business team, talking to clients and prospects in their native "language" and using the best marketing techniques available to make our case.
We are located in the historic Willis Tower (which is a great place to work from), provide access to an incredibly discounted in-building fitness club and bike parking, and offer unlimited paid time off.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be a leader on the team responsible for telling the world (and company) the story of our products. You'll have ownership of presenting our products in a way that connects with the intended buying centers to generate leads that can be passed on to the Sales team, and for creating the baseline materials that the sales team can use to close the sale. This includes developing marketplace product positioning, sales brochures, pitch decks, launch strategy, conference strategy and corresponding digital campaigns. And whatever else you can think of to make our new and existing products successful – we encourage new ideas that push the envelope!
In practical terms, this means…
- Together with the Product team, educating both internal and external stakeholders
- Creating product content to articulate the benefits of our products to the world
- Speaking internally and externally to promote the story of our products
- With the Sales team, delivering on our revenue commitments to our products
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- A minimum of 3 years experience in product marketing, digital marketing and / or product management.
- Demonstrated expertise working with syndicated and custom market research data – our SaaS platforms all deliver data feeds directly to our client, you've got to be comfortable with that.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We write a lot, we talk a lot, we present a lot. Comfort speaking in front of groups – both internally and externally – is preferred.
- Proficiency in content management systems. You will need to build product pages, optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and optimize for lead-generation.
- Familiarity with the principles of design thinking, and how to create an emotional impact with audiences.
- Managing cross-departmental projects, from team coordination to being a willing decision-maker to keep projects moving forward.
- Experience with WordPress & Drupal, Adobe Suite, Salesforce, and Marketo is a big plus.