Product Marketing Manager
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Product Marketing Manager
Over the last year, the Braintree marketing team has grown significantly and has had the privilege of shaping & telling the Braintree brand story to next generation businesses all around the world.
Reporting into the Head of Product Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for working directly with our global product, sales, business development, ops and marketing teams to nurture and empower our customer's ongoing success with Braintree's payment processing offerings and ecosystem initiatives.
The PMM works closely across Braintree and PayPal organizations to help translate the product vision and drive delivery of product innovation to market. The successful candidate is keenly interested in next-gen technology, understands the product, customer, and commerce ecosystem and thinks big. This person should thrive in an agile and cross functional environment.
- Developing GTM plans to support our payments products, research, and optimization plans that bring rich insights to the product team to inform product strategy
- Working cross-functionally with marketing, ops, product and content organizations to bring new products to market; developing key narratives and messaging to enhance knowledge and satisfaction with our offerings.
- Helping to lead change, evolution, and sustained growth to deepen engagement and drive customer success on our platform.
- Acting as point of contact with PayPal global product marketing organization, ensuring consistent, clear communication and a collaborative spirit for sales tool creation and developer activities.
- Leading inbound and outbound product marketing efforts for the assigned product portfolio - that means you'll be the subject matter expert on the customer, the product and the category
- 5 years or more in a global technology-focused Product or Product Marketing role required
- Proven experience successfully crafting strategy, positioning, messaging and launch for technology products required
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment that includes sales, product, engineering, and marketing to define and execute go to market plans for next generation products
- 3 years or more of demonstrated product marketing experience crafting GTM plans, creative briefs, managing the creative process, channel optimization, A/B testing, reporting on results and KPIs
- 3 years direct experience in the payments ecosystem, experience in either payments, commerce or financial technology desired
- Demonstrated experience gathering competitive, industry shifts, emerging markets and category information to stay up to date, drive future growth and synthesize findings across team
- Any combination of the following - b2b, b2b2c, platform and/or ingredient brand technology experience
- Strong communicator - Ability to be persuasive through written, verbal and presentation communications
- Passionate about technology, commerce, research and customers in an effort to distill pertinent product information with complex and highly technical details to internal and external audiences.
- Medium and Enterprise level markets required
- Exhibits excellent judgment and a mature attitude for challenging prioritization discussions for projects and assignments
- Team player with outstanding follow-through and sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently
- 10-20% travel between corporate locations (SF,CHI, Int'l)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in EMEA, APAC markets
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!