Product Marketing Manager
Big Blue Swim School (BBSS) is a fast-growing, mission-driven company that aims to show kids they can do anything by unlocking their full potential in the water. With 5 existing stores providing children’s retail-based swim lessons throughout the Chicagoland area, and a goal to sell 150 franchises by 2021, the marketing team is expanding to further optimize and grow our already proven business model while developing a dominant, beloved brand.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to take ownership of key stages of Big Blue Swim School’s customer lifecycle, focusing on delivering and communicating a best-in-class customer experience at our new and mature stores. You will lead the strategic direction and execution of marketing programs designed to retain and win back customers across all age groups and levels of our swim school curriculum. We will also look to the BBSS Marketing Manager to serve as a voice of our customer to our organization, leveraging real time customer data from our proprietary lesson software along with customer insights to find new ways to engage our customers with new or optimized product offerings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create the vision and articulate the strategy for retention and win-back marketing programs to be leveraged at all corporate and franchise locations. Work in concert with cross-functional partners, external partners, and leadership for development and execution of marketing programs across channels and in-store.
- Translate the developed retention strategies to support all new stores in their first year of business to ensure we successfully retain customers who bought in during our pre-opening sales period while continuing to grow the customer base.
- Deep understanding of all elements of our Marketing unit economic model, with willingness to develop and execute A/B tests to drive improved results. Establish key performance metrics tied to customer retention and win-back, and develop strategies and programs to address and improve them as needed.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to bring integrated marketing campaigns to life across channels including paid search and social, email, and in-store. Ensure that the customer journey is engaging, seamless across devices, and effective in translating touchpoints into an immersive experience.
- Own the BBSS retail calendar, mapping key campaigns and promotions against historical weekly performance tied to national holidays and community events.
- Develop and maintain ownership of personas which can be used across the organization to give a more complete picture of Big Blue target customers.
- Demonstrate passion for our mission and model the company’s core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or other related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in marketing, consulting, or a related field. Experience marketing B2C services preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities accompanied by an intellectual curiosity to identify areas of opportunity, seek answers, and guide strategy.
- Results oriented, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership in a start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects from conception to completion.
- Team player who is able to work and communicate effectively with multiple cross-functional and external partners.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Awareness and knowledge of existing marketing channels including paid social, PPC, display marketing, email campaigns, SMS marketing, content/SEO, organic social, and in-store marketing.
- Competitive health insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Free CorePower Yoga Membership
- Free Big Blue Swim lessons for family
- Professional development opportunities in a growing organization
Big Blue Swim School follows an equal opportunity employment policy for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, and genetic information.