Sales Enablement Writer
About The Role
We are looking for a sales enablement writer to join our team! The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer and editor who can think like a marketer to create materials that help enable our sales team to be successful. We are looking for someone with writing experience who will develop product marketing content that is high quality, accurate, and compelling to drive sales and increase customer adoption. This individual will have the project management and communications skills to complete multiple projects at once with speed, creativity, and accuracy.
Since the Sales Enablement Writer requires some technical chops, please include an example of a one-pager of sales collateral or other content you've written in a previous role. And if you haven't done anything like that, we'd love to see a one-pager and/or cover letter as to why you're the best fit for the role.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Create sales and marketing materials to ensure consistent messaging and alignment with product value propositions.
- Own and contribute to a wide array of sales enablement materials (powerpoint decks, product 1 pagers, sales campaigns, case studies, product launches).
- Incorporate search engine optimization (SEO) tactics into copy where appropriate, in consultation with the larger marketing strategy.
- Serve as the product copy subject matter expert throughout the organization. Develop strategies that turn product copy into a company asset with increasing value.
- Develop, implement and maintain content style guides and standards.
- Work with internal and external designers, as well as other team members from Marketing, Product, and Sales to ensure content is effective and delivered on time.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years experience of copywriting or sales content writing (or related experience) within a fast-paced marketing organization
- Experience highly valued with SaaS software business, HR software preferred
- Strong copywriting skills and an ability to communicate complex topics in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to learn technical product details and simplify for customer-facing materials
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, timeline-driven work environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Great communication and teamwork skills and a willingness to be flexible in a dynamic startup environment
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time