SEM Marketing Associate at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22.6 million diners food ordering experience and we feature over 300,000 restaurants in 3,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As the Paid Search Associate, you’ll play a key role in growing and shaping the strategic direction of Grubhub’s Paid Search programs.This is a multi-faceted role within Grubhub that will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our Seamless Brand in addition to collaborating with the rest of the Growth team to support B2B Paid Search operations for our Corporate, Driver and Restaurant teams.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
In applying for this position you should be comfortable with proactively performing optimizations and analyzing reports to identify areas of opportunity. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring new ideas, take risks and re-think existing approaches to this channel. At Grubhub, we are always innovating our methods to take SEM to the next performance level and this role plays an integral part in that process.
- Perform day to day optimization efforts to meet campaign objectives, including but not limited to: keyword expansion efforts, ad copy creation & testing, bidding updates and landing page testing
- Daily/weekly/quarterly budget management
- Ensure paid search campaigns adhere to best practices and troubleshoot any problems
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and take action to improve our paid search program
- Play a key role in executing paid search tests and reporting insights to senior leadership
- Work collaboratively with the Manager to translate strategic vision into tactical solutions and results
- Analyzing reports to uncover data trends and translate the data into actionable recommendations
- Help influence strategic recommendations for our entire paid search program
- Assist in: brainstorming, executing, and reporting on experiments
- Leverage 3rd party bid management tools to improve effectiveness of our bidding strategy and operational efficiency
- Perform competitive research and stay up to date on the latest search trends
- Review and analyze reports to ensure campaign goals are achieved
- Foster relationships with search engine teams to ensure participation in betas relevant to our business
You Should Have
- 2-4 years experience hands on management of multi-million dollar paid search accounts
- Experience in ecommerce or online retail is preferred
- Advanced user capability in Excel
- A proven track record executing paid search optimizations and accurately reporting results
- Previous experience utilizing Google Analytics
- Proficiency with 3rd party campaign management tools like Search Ads 360, Kenshoo, Marin, or similar
- Strong communication skills: ability to clearly communicate results, key learning, areas of opportunities for SEM program
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, economics, statistics or other related field
- Recent Google Ads Search Certification
Got these? Even better!
- Experience writing Google AdWords scripts
- Experiencing with SQL
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience using feed management tools
- Familiar building and interpreting cohort analysis
- Experience managing local SEM programs is preferred
- Familiar with building Tableau reports
- Experience managing paid social ad efforts on Facebook / Instagram
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.