Senior Analyst - Marketing Analytics
Do you love telling a story using data, numbers and trends?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through fast-growing small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that encourages innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon
The Senior Analyst, Revenue Management falls under the Revenue Management function and is responsible for using data-driven insights to optimize merchandising strategy and deliver on growth targets for the NA Groupon business. You will work closely with partners in Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, and business teams to understand performance, see opportunities for improvement, and develop plans of action to improve revenue.
You'll spend time on the following:
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate data to understand macro business trends and measure effectiveness of promotions and merchandising levers
- Track daily business performance through the creation of standard and ad hoc reporting and analyses
- Develop insights to identify areas of opportunity, and partner with cross-functional stakeholders to take action
- Communicate performance trends and analyses to key partners across the organization
- 2-5 years professional experience in data analytics, preferably in management consulting, retail, or e-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Significant experience with Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Cognos, Microstrategy, etc.) is a requirement
- Knowledge of Teradata preferred
- Excited by working with data, measuring performance, and making decisions based on quantitative and/or deductive reasoning
- Self-starter, go-getter, adaptive to dynamic working environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with the ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information to senior management
- You consistently deliver progress & will not allow "the perfect" to become the enemy of the good
- We are looking for an unquenchable curiosity
- You are deadline driven with bias towards ruthless prioritization
- You have a bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Visionary in the truest sense. We make things happen using resources that either don’t exist or aren’t under your direct control
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.