Senior Communications Specialist at Paylocity
Chicago's best-performing technology company Paylocity is looking for a Senior Communications Specialist to join our Corporate Marketing Team. Consistently named among the top companies to work for, best companies to sell for, and fastest-growing software products, Paylocity offers the opportunity to work for a thriving, vibrant company with a strong, healthy company culture.
Reporting to the Manager of Content Strategy and Communications, this role offers the opportunity to inform and execute communications strategy, manage publications, and collaborate with other staff to craft content that drive leads and engagement through a variety of channels. Candidates best fit for this role have a strong understanding of storytelling and know how to drive stories that support business objective. They must be self-motivated, organized, and experienced in creating connections, driving results, and measuring performance with content as well as driven to gain a deep understanding of our target audiences and the HR technology industry.
What You'll Do:
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Write, edit, and consult on email marketing campaigns, in collaboration with the marketing automation manager
- Write, edit, and consult on event marketing campaigns, in collaboration with the corporate events planner and field marketing manager
- Write, edit, and manage content in a variety of formats, including ebooks, blog posts, infographics, and other content marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with designers and other marketers to maintain brand identity and integrated approach
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including internal SMEs and thought leaders, to facilitate content creation
- Create and share monthly scorecards to report on performance
- Enforce and contribute to consistency of brand voice and editorial standards
- Provide editorial and writing support for the rest of the marketing team
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in marketing communications, including copywriting for blogs, ebooks, and email
- Experience with Pardot or other email platform, HTML
- Experience in B2B tech industry preferred
- Strong editorial skills, knowledge of AP style and SEO preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing samples required)
- Self-driven and energetic team player
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to proactively, independently identify opportunities content and communications can contribute to business goal
- Ability to translate goals into activities that drive performance in key audience segments
- Highly organized and detail-oriented