Senior Content Writer
About The Role
We're looking for a top-tier writer for short and long-form content who can spin up intriguing and challenging content within the talent acquisition and HR industries. This person is responsible for staying in-tune with industry trends and finding ways to differentiate Yello as a thought-leader in the space through your content ideation and creation.
You will be working closely with the director of marketing and fellow writers/content producers, including a team of nimble freelance writers to create new content ideas and editorial assets that raise the visibility of Yello’s brand. If you are a thought-provoking writer who has experience creating long-form and short-form content, we would love to talk to you.
How You'll Make An Impact
Content Ideation & Writing (75% of job)
- Understand and research our market space by uncovering trends and talking with influencers, customers and more.
- Remain up-to-date on technology and development within the TA/HR industry
- Create consistent & compelling content across multiple channels (video, social, email, newsletters, collateral and data visualization) to maximize engagement
- Research and formulate questionnaires, surveys, and more to collect and analyze industry figures in an attempt to uncover potential new topics and themes
- Provide strategic edits when reviewing other people’s content (both copy and concept edits)
- Able to take a clever counter perspective to produce provocative & convincing content
- Integrate industry statistics, client stories and influencer quotes strategically throughout all content assets
- Partner with product marketing to identify and engage clients and find creative ways to share their stories.
- Track content performance using Google Analytics.
Content Distribution (25% of job)
- Engage influencers, analysts, and journalists to broaden reach of content to new audiences and raise awareness of the Yello brand
- Partner with our Social Media Marketing Manager to understand how to best leverage social media to extend content reach and effectiveness, and execute accordingly
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 7 years experience in mid- to senior-level content strategy and writing roles, with excellent writing and proofing skills
- Proven experience in overseeing and ensuring the development of great content from the idea conceptualization to publishing to distribution
- Experience creating best-in-class editorial articles, blog and social posts
- Expertise in the distribution and circulation of content, across mediums and using different content types
- Excellent organizational skills and hawkish attention to details
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment with ability for rapid iteration
- Experience in HR, talent acquisition or campus recruitment industries is a huge plus, but not required if you possess the necessary skills
- Working knowledge of SEO is also a huge plus, but not required
Please submit a Writing Sample with your resume when apply for the role! Here are some recommendations for a successful writing sample:
- Talent acquisition-related topic (not a requirement)
- Include the use of statistics or industry trends
- Employ a smartly challenging or click-worthy perspective
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time