Senior Growth Marketing Manager at Cameo
We are the marketplace for personalized video shoutouts from your favorite people. We've helped create over 500,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by making impossible connections possible.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list, and listed as the 2nd fastest growing marketplace in the country by Andreessen Horowitz’ Marketplace 100. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, experienced consumer marketing leader to build strategy, lead development, and execute tests, initiatives, and campaigns focused on our Cameo talent - some of the best musicians, actors and actresses, athletes, comedians, social influencers, and more. You will be a critical thought partner to our Head of Growth as we take Cameo to the next level. You will work cross-functionally with product and marketing channel teams to bring strategy to life and have a meaningful impact. We are looking for someone who is excited to tackle a variety of challenges as the business continues high-growth.
This role is perfect for someone who takes an integrated approach to projects - spanning marketing, product, and business operations. You should enjoy digging into the data, finding actionable insights, and leveraging those to influence real change for our customers and talent. You should be able to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels to take Cameo’s growth to the next level. You should have some experience working with celebrities or influencers and understanding what is important to them.
We're looking for a candidate who is:
- Experienced in building holistic growth and marketing strategies, leveraging data, research, and past experiences to quickly test, learn, and expand.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally, inspiring others with a mission and then building a plan for flawless execution
- Ready to tackle the biggest strategy questions one minute, then dive into execution the next. No task is too big or too small and you’re ready to do what it takes to get things done in at Chicago’s fastest growing consumer marketplace
- A storyteller that can translate insights into action through strategic communication with a clear message and creative implementation to deliver against goals
- Drive initiatives on either side of the marketplace - to consumers or talent.
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 4-6+ years in consumer marketing, ideally at a high growth start-up or consumer marketplace
- 1-3+ year working with product teams, formally as a PMM or in a highly cross-functional role
- 1-3+ years working with talent (celebrities)
- Expertise leading cross-functional, integrated campaigns including positioning, messaging, channel/communication planning, and reporting/evaluating success
- Exposure to ecommerce, understanding seasonality, merchandising, and offers
- Experience building growth loops around retention and engagement (loyalty programs, referrals, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organization to inspire larger cross-functional team alignment
- Analytical understanding with a track record of owning goals and building roadmaps to deliver against those goals
- A positive, energetic, and optimistic leader ready to collaborate with other passionate people
- A passion for or experience in the influencer/celebrity/Entertainment industry is a plus
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.