Senior Manager, Brand and Creative Services at OppLoans
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
We're looking for a Senior Manager, Brand and Creative Services to build the revamped brand strategy for OppLoans. You'll join the marketing and communications team to help us continue the evolution of our brand.
You'll help build the creative arm for the company and counsel brand assets for programs, campaigns, and corporate projects. You will do this by providing strategic direction and leading the development of the OppLoans brand strategy and championing the brand internally. You have a blend of creative, tactical, and inquisitive thinking skills to help build the OppLoans brand strategy and how we use it across a range of channels.
Reporting to our VP, Communications, you will educate the internal team on the brand and how to apply it to their roles and projects, and start to build brand ambassadors across the company. You will also lead a team of freelance creative designers and copywriters to oversee the development of OppLoans’ creative and copy assets.
- Manage brand standards and usage guidelines across the company and to key stakeholders
- Identify needs for brand assets and templates that support the new brand internally and externally
- Lead the creative development work for company for corporate creative pieces (reports, slideware, corporate overviews)
- Work with product and enterprise leadership to support newly launched products, partnerships and initiatives that require brand guidance and execution.
- Be a resource for digital and customer acquisition teams within marketing to guide creative assets across multiple channels (social media, digital, offline, website, etc.)
- Partner with social media lead to build brand awareness and value creation across channel.
- Partner with internal communications on brand building assets and needs to help live the brand through key channels, leadership, and internal assets.
- Manage the prioritization pipeline ensuring that brand and creative work are aligned with the company’s top objectives and executed well.
- Oversee company swag strategy
- Influence and provide brand consultation/direction to key stakeholders on branding needs including recruiting, employee branding, events, etc.
- Organize additional customer research for brand, market awareness, and aid in the understanding and refinement of customers’ needs
- 7+ years of experience managing brand and creative direction
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading direct reports
- Experience managing outside creative agencies, freelancers, copywriters and the creative process
- Experience in social media brand building campaigns
- Translate data and customer insights into applicable recommendations related to brand, creative, and copy improvements
- Experience working collaboratively across marketing/product teams and influencing peers and leaders within the company for positive results and outcomes
- Previously worked in the financial services industry, working in a startup environment, or creative agency is a plus
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.EEOC Statement: OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.