Senior Manager, Consumer Promotional Strategy at DoorDash
We’re looking for a senior leader to own strategy and planning for consumer promotions across the company. This individual will work closely with the business verticals and country managers to hit DoorDash's lofty volume and efficiency goals. This role will develop novel strategy and execution plans and determine how best to allocate a multi-hundred million dollar annual budget to accelerate consumer engagement.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop the strategic frameworks, and subsequently manage the roll-out and execution to hit DoorDash’s growth and efficiency targets at the market-level.
- Present market, channel, and initiative-level growth and optimization scenarios to senior executives to help understand the business trade-offs in our P&L.
- Drive the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual spend optimization process that consistently improves each campaign's ROI without losing sight of growth in each market.
- Partner with business vertical, product, and finance leads to own annual and quarterly planning processes.
- Collaborate with marketing and operations leadership to set budgets and ensure spend meets financial objectives.
- Lead constant, iterative improvement of the growth planning process to hit business goals through longitudinal measurement and stewardship of the measurement roadmap with analytics.
You have a proven track record of developing full-funnel, data-driven growth strategies and tactics that drive positive ROI for category defining e-commerce or internet companies. You think creatively and analytically, working collaboratively across the organization with people at all levels: C-level execs to associates. Additionally, you are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have 8+ years of experience in managing operational and/or marketing strategies, execution, and measurement, 3+ years of which in a quantitative, financial or strategy role (e.g. consulting, investment banking).
- You have deep experience managing towards and balancing between brand & performance-oriented marketing goals to drive company-level P&L outcomes.
- You have the ability to synthesize data, make data-driven decisions and balance quantitative measurement with an intuition-driven bias to action. SQL experience is a plus.
- You have excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners and internal stakeholders.
- You have proven experience building out and implementing market, channel and tactical-level growth frameworks.
- You have an understanding of online and offline marketing, including measurement, incrementality, and marginal efficiency.
- You have a proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment, with a strong bias to action.
- You are creative and entrepreneurial - you enjoy tackling unsolved problems and finding creative solutions with limited resources
- You are detailed-oriented - you love to manage complex projects without making mistakes or missing deadlines, and you analyze campaign results at the most granular level
- You are highly quantitative and analytical - you get excited when insights jump out of the data
- You are strategic and business-minded - you find trends in your data and look for the “so what”
- You are collaborative - you love working with a team and both learning from & teaching others
- You are fun - you enjoy what you do and love to have fun!
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.