ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
In this role, you will be expected to work autonomously in the development of project plans, requirements, timelines, and deliverables. The role has responsibility to grow our Services & Support business (including our Conversations product and associated offerings), and to manage complex marketing programs. This role requires proven ability to build a deep understanding of business customer needs, to craft messaging that conveys the value of complex products, and to lead successful go-to-market efforts that drive product adoption. Strong collaboration skills are a must, as this role involves working with diverse stakeholders across multiple teams such as Marketing, Product Management and Sales.
What your day could consist of:
- Act as the Product Marketing owner for the Services & Support area of the ActiveCampaign platform, driving positioning and go-to-market strategy, execution and deliverables creation for Services & Support
- Own other selected marketing programs and projects, including those that are focused on aspects of ActiveCampaign other than our Services & Support products, as needs arise
- Lead systematic modes of inquiry to understand the needs of the Support Agent customer persona
- Co-create and co-deliver enablement materials and training content for Sales and Customer Success teams relating to the Services & Support area of the ActiveCampaign platform
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders such as product managers to influence product direction, messaging strategy, and key deliverables
- Keep internal audiences abreast of Services & Support product evolution with frequent updates and detail on upcoming product launches and platform enhancements
- Be a creative thinker who actively shapes the ways ActiveCampaign differentiates our product offerings in a crowded and complex ecosystem.
What is needed:
- 3+ years of experience in B2B product marketing and sales enablement
- 4+ years marketing experience overall
- Understanding of the SaaS market and SMB B2B market — and the routes to market utilized to reach these customers
- Past experience in a support role or an account management role is a plus, as this experience will aid in knowledge of, and empathy for, the needs of Services & Support professionals
- Strong planning and organizational skills required, with experience working closely with cross functional teams
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, as well as ensuring operational delivery and having a “hands on” approach when necessary
- Deep experience writing external-facing marketing copy for use in websites, collateral, and other channels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.