Senior Site Merchandising Specialist at Peapod Digital Labs
What's Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Senior Site Merchandising Specialist will align with a specific brand to identify customer needs and convert these into solid plans and outcomes for digital merchandising success.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Involved in the work done to clearly identify the needs of the customer in each ADUSA brand in the area of e-shelving. This requires building the fact set and determining those customer needs with a group of cross-ADUSA merchants to ensure alignment.
- Will deliver appealing and inspiring messages relevant to the e-commerce customer needs by season by geography.
- Work closely in the commercial planning process to bring featured specials and web-exclusive content to customers - leading to higher value perception through the selection of relevant product promotions within the customer experience. This also includes leading the oversight of efforts to personalize web-exclusive deals/value by ADUSA local brand.
- Responsible for search results and browse aisle innovation - making sure that our approach to managing failed finds and what customers see when they search progresses and eventually changes by season.
- Will produce a common set of measures that are put in place for each of the ADUSA local brands to find ways to continuously learn and improve in the area of seasonal on-site execution and other web placements - science, tools, choices and process.
- Represent all learning objectives from the client teams to define success criteria enabling the continuous evaluation and monitoring of program performance.
- Provide brand leadership with perspective on the performance of e-merchandising initiatives and identify opportunities for improving results.
- Develop category pages and content to drive merchandising priorities
- Lead efforts to improve search functionality across business & by category as needed
- Take communication requirements from multiple constituencies and balance the needs with the available real estate and tools.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years in marketing, digital advertising, online merchandising, or e-commerce role
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Proficiency working in digital media including email, remarketing, banner advertising.
- Solid understanding of data relationships and how they drive personalization.
- Proficiency in standard office software programs (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Knowledge of SQL and HTML.
- Analytically-minded with strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with best practices in project management.
- Thrives as a partner in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.