SEO Associate (Copywriter) at FTD
Does change excite you? Are you passionate about SEO and are seeking the chance to join a dynamic and growing marketing team? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you. Our Florist e-commerce Team is seeking a Search Engine Optimization Specialist (Copywriter) to manage, own and grow in-house search engine optimization (SEO) for our member sites. We are looking for an SEO guru who can develop a scalable system to increase our member's rankings to drive traffic. The specialist will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to successfully plan & deliver on search strategies to improve performance, demonstrate value and produce business results for our members.
What you will contribute to:
- You will act as a primary SEO expert for our member florists. You will develop a scalable SEO strategy for our florists and work with our technology, support and sales teams to streamline SEO operations.
- You manage the execution and recommended optimizations to improve campaign KPIs. You will take the lead in surfacing opportunities and drilling into performance anomalies.
- You have an in-depth understanding of SEO practices -- both site infrastructure and content optimization and promotion. You understand the significant factors that influence organic search crawling, indexing, and keyword ranking
- You can perform a range of search engine optimization activities, including analysis of our member's implementation of SEO standard methodologies, design, implement and manage our SEO campaigns, conduct keyword research related to various floral and gifting category topics
- You are responsible for monitoring changes and translating those into actionable recommendations for our members regarding SEO strategy. Actively present program recommendations and quantified benefits to advance program goals and objectives
- You can drive cross-functionally (IT, Web and Marketing teams) to improve site architecture and page content -- both on a project by project basis as well as in a larger, organizational education sense
- You will research, identify, and develop link partnership programs to improve SEO results
- We will need you to be well versed in brand critical metrics, specifically performance KPIs : (ROAS, CTR, CPA, conversion rate, incremental cost, etc.). You can audit and analyze data, synthesize all metrics, and formulate critical analysis and insights from data to make a specific recommendation
- Monitor and analyze SEO tracking and reporting. Track metrics, including referrals, link popularity, rankings, and saturation
- Build trust and maintain positive relationships with internal teams, members and vendors.
- You have an understanding of integrated digital performance marketing such as Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and display marketing and can collaborate across marketing channels, platforms and functions to achieve optimal results
- You will inspire member confidence and success by working directly with members on complex and urgent SEO-related issues.
- Most importantly, you will develop SEO programs that scale to serve all our members needs through training, technology development, vendor management.
- You demonstrate intellectual curiosity, and autonomy while at the same time can collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
What we offer:
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan)
- Be a part of the blending of cultures across multiple cities and three continents and play a role in helping to craft our future
- Looking for career opportunities? Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting opportunities for our global customer base
- Although during peak season this role requires some overtime, during off-peak, we offer our employees Summer hours, where you can take half day Fridays
What we seek:
- You will need to have at least 3 to 5 years prior professional SEO/SEM experience
- You should have a proven history of success in SEO marketing for small business and multi-location retail operations
- You have a love for writing unique and relevant SEO friendly content
- You have highly advanced knowledge of SEO strategies and techniques
- You have knowledge of HTML and web technologies
- You show a real passion for search engine technologies and algorithms
- You are experienced in using analytics tools such as Omniture/Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel skills
- Your attention to detail is exceptional and accurate
- You have undergone formal SEO training. Certification is a plus
- You have above average communications skills
- You have a passion for educating beginning and advanced audiences about search marketing
- You are incredibly well-organized, and you're able to run multiple projects simultaneously