SEO Strategy Lead at Nordstrom
Trunk Club is seeking a highly motivated, results driven Sr. Manager, SEO Strategy to lead organic search growth for Trunkclub.com. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded SEO Rockstar who has proven experience identifying and implementing technical site improvements and developing robust content strategies that will drive significant growth in organic search traffic, keyword ranking and visibility along with measurable improvement in online conversions derived from incremental traffic and website optimizations.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Work with the Director on channel strategy to develop a high-level SEO roadmap and translate into specific tactical technical and content development initiatives
- Leverage your experience in technical SEO including; reporting and website auditing, strong understanding of crawl & indexing, knowledge of sitemaps, URL taxonomies, internal and external linking strategies, schematic markup and redirects & canonicals to identify opportunities and drive measurable improvements in site health
- Manage an SEO Content Strategist and collaborate with internal teams including Brand, Creative, PR/Comms and Merchandising to develop a robust content calendar and ensure deliverables adhere to SEO best practices and are delivered and launched on schedule
- Monitor, maintain, and increase quality inbound links through white-hat practices
- Identify content gaps and uncover opportunities to improve visibility in SERPs for relevant keywords
- Define, monitor, and report on organic KPI’s. Identify and resolve crawl, indexing and linking issues quickly
- Work closely with internal analytics and customer insights teams to assess industry trends, customer needs and competitive landscape to support comprehensive and compelling business cases for new content as well as enhancements to existing content, tools, and resources.
- Partner with Paid Media/SEM and analytics team to align paid and organic strategies
- Stay current on industry trends including search engine algorithm updates and are nimble and able to adjust strategy as needed
- Partner with nimble marketing development team to quickly launch and optimize SEO roadmap plans you put in place
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- BA/MS Degree
- 5-8+ years of recent Search Engine Optimization experience with solid understanding of current industry trends and changes
- Can demonstrate success in technical SEO and high-performing content development in previous roles
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with efficiency and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Can work cross-functionally and manage leadership expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present to internal management and partner teams and create effective PowerPoint presentations summarizing recommendations, SEO highlights and deficiencies, data and findings
- Strong people and project management skills; ability to closely manage plan delivery timeline, internal and external resources, and able to prioritize work for direct reports
- Must be proficient in Google Analytics
- Experience with traffic and analytics tools such as Google Search Console, SEMRush, BrightEdge, ScreamingFrog, Moz, etc.
- Able to code/read basic HTML
- Ability to assess quality of agency deliverables
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, or Information Technology
- Familiarity with Statamic and/or Contentful CMS platform
- Expertise using traffic and analytics tools; specifically, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush & ScreamingFrog
- Experience creating reports/dashboards in Tableau
- Experience working on an in-house SEO team
- Experienced people manager
- Experience managing SEO agency and devising integrated search strategies in partnership with Paid Media teams/ agencies
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in technology, operations, sales, finance and other product groups to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.