Social Media Specialist
JOB TITLE: Social Media Specialist
REPORTS TO: Senior Digital Marketing Manager
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for managing and growing our branded social accounts. This includes driving the social media strategy for our brands, creating strategic and compelling content across a variety of social and digital channels, increasing awareness and brand visibility, generating inquiries and leads, and enhancing audience engagement.
JOB DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Develop a rolling social editorial content calendar based on brand voice, audience affinity and social trends.
- Own, develop and lead paid social advertising campaigns in conjunction with larger digital and brand initiatives.
- Maintain content and posts in the spirit and voice of the brands
- Establish and maintain relationships with influencers.
- Coordinate with the creative team for content development and implement creative content across all channels. This includes videos, images, audio and blog content.
- Work in collaboration with the Digital Marketing and Creative Teams to enhance content strategy and audience engagement.
- Initiate and engage in conversations with our brand advocates, influencers and audience.
- Execute research to determine content relevancy, trends and emerging themes, technologies/platforms that audiences are engaged with and adopting.
- Stay up to date with trends and best practices in social media and content marketing and how competitor organizations and companies are using them.
- BA/BS in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, PR or a related field
- 3-5 years minimum of social media marketing experience and content management
- A proven passion for Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to write content, copy and messaging in a variety of styles and voices, adaptable to different target audiences, product categories and branding initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of automotive, marine or similar verticals a plus
- Experience with marketing automation software (HubSpot) a plus
- ~30% Travel anticipated
- Initiative - Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges by setting goals and continually improving their skill sets.
- Detail Oriented - Thoroughly reviews details in completing work tasks.
- Communication - Effectively and efficiently communicates information and ideas through written, oral, or electronic mediums.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Open to change and/or welcomes change in the workplace. Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-past environment.
- Independence - Develop one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Interpersonal Skills/Team Player - Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Work Prioritization - Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.