Sr. Analyst, Marketing Strategy & Operations
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to support the Strategy & Operations team. Leveraging an understanding of economics, technology, and customer behavior, the Senior Analyst will develop pricing strategies to optimize market expansion and profitability across all promotional channels. You will be responsible for building and improving key-metric dashboards, forecasting and analyzing trends, and developing actionable insight to drive strategic marketing direction. We’re looking for a risk taker and builder with a passion for data, who gets excited about testing and evolving our business strategy.
Reporting to the Strategy & Operations Manager and interacting regularly with the VP of Growth and other senior management, the Senior Analyst will:
- Analyze promotional pricing strategies across all marketing channels, optimize current strategies, and distribute learnings to internal stakeholders - automating processes wherever possible
- Oversee and manage the roadmap of all promotional tests and act as a gatekeeper to the budget
- Partner with stakeholders to define, monitor, and privot pricing campaigns and tests
- Identify business needs and work closely across Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Product to steward opportunities from ideation to production
- Contribute analytical rigor across the Marketing department, performing ad-hoc analyses for senior management and channel owners where needed
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights
- Defending surprising or unpopular results against challenges from skeptical stakeholders
- Providing unbiased recommendations around trade-off decisions between competing programs and stakeholders for the optimal investment for the organization
You Should Have
- 3+ years of experience in a highly analytical business role, including (but not limited to) economic consulting, banking, e-commerce, trading, quantitative finance, technology or retail
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL, with exposure to Python a plus; experience using Tableau, Google Data Studio, or other BI tool to build dashboards
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced regression analysis, economic or financial modeling
- Detail-oriented, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
- Eagerness to roll up sleeves and tackle ambiguous and abstract questions
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.