Sr. Associate - Content Marketing at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re looking for an experienced content marketer to join the B2B Restaurant Acquisition team and own the brand’s end-to-end content strategy for our B2B website. We’re looking for someone who can dive in to boosting organic lead growth by creating relevant content that aims to establish Grubhub as an industry thought leader in the restaurant marketing space, while increasing our visibility in SERP by implementing SEO best practices. This role reports to the B2B Marketing Manager.
The Impact You Will Make
- Create and own a content strategy and calendar for Grubhub’s B2B website and blog that contributes to organic growth goals of generating qualified restaurant prospects
- Select and manage relationship with internal SMEs and external content writers to ensure the production of top quality, relevant content according to strategic plans
- Identify opportunities for optimizing content to drive traffic to existing pages and ensure page relevance, leveraging site data to make informed decisions
- Regularly perform keyword research (via keyword planning tools), and stay atop industry trends to formulate new content ideas for the Grubhub restaurant brand
- Work closely with SEO and Web teams to implement on-page SEO recommendations, such as content optimizations, page titles, meta descriptions, alt tags, schema code, etc., as needed
- Develop a cross-linking strategy across the Grubhub B2B website to help build page authority
- Partner with stakeholders across the Restaurant Network to create educational content on new/existing products to achieve alignment on go-to-market efforts
- Work with cross-departmental team members to promote and syndicate content across channels
- Keep abreast of SEO trends, best practices, and search news, particularly regarding algorithm changes that impact organic search results
What You Bring to the Table
- BA in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, or another quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in content marketing and/or SEO, preferably in the B2B space
- A solid understanding of on-page SEO best practices, and a desire to learn technical SEO skills
- Extensive experience using an open-source content management system (e.g., Wordpress, Drupal, Magento)
- Experience and knowledge working with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Trends
- Experience working with keyword planning tools (e.g., SEMRush, Google Keyword Planner, Keyword Generator)
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS a plus
- Excellent written communication skills to create and edit content
Got these? Even Better!
- Copywriting or editorial background
- Experience managing content in B2B space
- Technical SEO experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.