Sr. Director, Growth Marketing
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is building a world class marketing organization to support its fast growth. The race for control of the $70B food delivery market in heating up, and Grubhub is winning the race by mastering customer insights, segmentation and engaging marketing programs. The Company is looking for executives who have the execution and analytics skills to match their fearless appetite for speed and innovation. One of the top strategic priorities for the company is to continue driving the new diner acquisition across the nation.
Reporting to the VP of the Consumer business, the Sr. Director of Growth is responsible for driving the new diner growth for Grubhub and Seamless nationwide. This leader will be a leading expert in the growth field, consumer driven and analytically minded. S/he will be responsible for maximizing acquisition performance on one of the biggest budgets in the organization. This executive will be an expert on media mix, nationwide and local optimizations, data management, attribution. This mandate includes ownership and acceleration of all testing and optimization, to constantly innovate and drive towards best-in-class programs. S/he will have direct impact on the bottom line for the company, and this role is essential to Grubhub and its growth plan.
The Sr. Director owns all capabilities related to acquisition of new diners: the results and order performance, and manages execution with a highly capable team already in place. This executive will provide alignment for the team by partnering and communicating across the organization with other leaders, ensuring smooth execution and balancing business objectives. S/he will be an expert in acquisition technology and media systems. A major strategic focus is to constantly A/B test to increase performance, measure impact in a scientific way, find new ways to continue high-growth, and manage people to sustain great results with well-being.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop and execute strategy for acquisition of new diners which drives growth for Grubhub and Seamless in 150+ cities in the United States
- Bring best-in-class experience with acquisition technology, partners and media management to secure top performance
- Understand/optimize the performance of marketing campaigns at both a national and local level by using channel metrics, site metrics and overall ordering behavior to drive strategic recommendations
- Rapidly test & scale new ideas to constantly evolve and continue high-growth
- Oversee and forecast budgets to help identify opportunities to shift marketing investment to better performing channels or test new emerging channels
- Partner with Product Development team to create a world-class first-time diner experiences, across our marketing and product
- Partner with Creative Marketing and vendors to ensure smooth promotional execution
- Partner with Finance in the development of budgets and plans
- Initiate/execute and analyze all tests carried out in promotional activities to increase return on investment
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and present results and opportunities to the Executive Team to gain support and sponsorship to execute
You Should Have
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of marketing and leadership experience.
Additional qualifications include:
- Significant experience in acquisition or retention marketing
- Expert in media mix, above and below the line channels optimization and attribution, proven track results in top leading brands
- Significant experience co-developing consumer-facing experiences with product development teams
- Solid financial management and analysis skills. This position oversees the marketing budget, and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to optimize spend based on performance
- Proven experience in managing multiple functions in a fast paced, changing environment
- 7+ years of leadership/management experience
- Proven track record in business planning and growth results for a top brand
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
- Experience developing integrated marketing strategies and integrating acquisition within broader digital marketing efforts
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the rigor and discipline to build the business and creative competencies that will allow Grubhub to continue to stand out in the market.
- Excellent communication skills, very resourceful, reliable, energetic, self-motivated and knows how to have fun
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more!
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.