OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
Reporting to the Vice President, Growth Marketing, you will lead the retention, cross-sell and lifecycle marketing strategy for OppLoans and OppFi's growing suite of products. You will lead the email marketing team and build a team of lifecycle marketers focused on maximizing the value of the portfolio through CRM, cross-sell, and upsell marketing. As we grow our portfolio of products and customers, you will provide strategic direction on our approach to personalization and segmentation at scale.
- Lead marketing automation team focused on creating and optimizing funnel conversion campaigns and
- Build cross-channel campaigns focused on customer engagement and loyalty
- Partner with Social Impact, Product, and Content teams to improve participation in customer financial education campaigns
- Promote personalized omnichannel programs delivering best-in-class customer communications that are proven by both quantitative and qualitative measurements
- Work with product and technology teams to define any new requirements to ensure the right data are available for relevant, personalized, and real-time campaigns
- Monitor performance of marketing programs, generate data-driven hypotheses that inform strategies to improve journeys and campaigns
- Work with Marketing Analytics team to measure each experiment, document and socialize learnings, and develop next steps toward bigger wins
- Portfolio marketing leader with deep experience in retention marketing, customer marketing, lifecycle or CRM, in multi-product financial services or FinTech companies
- 3+ years managing a team of email and CRM marketers
- Previous experience translating data into actionable insights and strategies
- Expert in our marketing automation and platform tools that allow us to test new experiences rapidly
- Experience building programs and campaigns from scratch and iteratively testing to meet KPIs
- Experience working with product and tech teams to conceptualize, execute, and measure impact of features to improve the customer experience and drive customer growth (upsell, retention).
- Results oriented with the ability to move quickly and easily between high level strategy and execution
- Ability to work productively in a matrix organization
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].