Sr. Email Marketing Manager at Clearcover
Who is Clearcover?
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Email Marketing Manager?
The Sr. Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading Clearcover’s email acquisition marketing programs and efforts, developing scalable mid-to-bottom-of-funnel programs that drive new policy sales growth through rigorous analysis and testing. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, goal-oriented, technical and analytical. You will utilize strong communication skills, continually identifying and relaying key results and insights to company and marketing team leadership. If you’re a natural problem-solver who can work amidst ambiguity, ask important questions, challenge the way things are being done today, and continually optimize all campaigns and programs, this is the job for you.
What will you be doing?
- Drive Clearcover customer acquisition via the email marketing channel by managing, testing and optimizing quote nurture marketing programs, focusing on data and segmentation to drive high-LTV growth.
- Work with Head of Lifecycle Marketing to identify new opportunities and solidify quarterly and annual email acquisition marketing roadmaps.
- Work closely with Campaign Operations Manager to launch flawless customer-facing email campaigns in order to drive policy sales growth and customer LTV.
- Design and measure A/B and multivariate tests for emails, landing pages, marketing flows and other channels.
- Design and manage complex customer journeys, including all corresponding marketing creative, customer segmentation, A/B testing and reporting.
- Report results of acquisition marketing efforts and OKRs on a weekly basis to marketing leadership and senior leadership, highlighting key learnings and identifying key steps.
- Work cross-functionally with Brand, Acquisition Marketing, Product & Technology, Insurance Product, Business Intelligence, Legal & Compliance and Customer Experience teams to produce customer communications that are on-brand, legally compliant, timely and effective in moving the business forward.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and/or expand our marketing tech stack as needed, offering up new opportunities and finding ways to make operations more efficient.
What are our required skills?
- Experience managing data-driven email acquisition marketing programs and customer journeys.
- Experience working with marketing automation platforms (email service providers, CRM platforms, etc).
- Ability to transform raw data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Experience working with legal, brand, and product teams.
- Experience representing and presenting marketing strategies and results to leadership.
- Insurance experience is a plus, but not required.
What are our must haves?
- Strong digital and CRM background. You have demonstrated experience working with digital products and configuring CRM systems to increase efficiency and create better customer experiences.
- Highly analytical. As a data-driven individual, you enjoy digging into data to monitor and measure performance and further optimize campaigns. You get excited by moving the needle by fractions of percentages.
- Highly organized. You thrive in well-organized, highly transparent and process-driven environments.
- Hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with creativity, passion and little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- Creative. You dream big and then adjust for the realities of today, balancing long-term vision with driving short-term results.
- Great communication skills. You have the ability to ask the right questions, get full details, and explain needs and requirements.
- Flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- Growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation; we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie, too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- And yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.