Sr Email Marketing Specialist
Are you an email marketing expert who is passionate about building out intelligent customer-centric marketing programs through email and then expanding to mobile push notifications? Would you like to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and be part of young, fun, and growing performance-driven marketing team? If your answers are yes, we would love to hear from you!
The Sr. Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the build, segmentation, deployment and post campaign reporting of all email marketing and push notification campaigns for BradsDeals.com. This role reports to the Sr Manager, Customer Retention and supports the Customer Retention team in all campaign planning, production and implementation. We will also look to the Sr. Email Marketing Specialist to work alongside our strategy, creative, technical, and account teams to help develop and streamline our email operation processes.
- Manage the planning, development and execution of email and push marketing programs, including brand messaging, segmented and triggered campaigns and refine strategies based upon market changes, test results and findings
- Analyze and own key email performance metrics (deliverability, opens, clicks, unsubscribes, financials, etc.) Address any significant variances and provide recommendations for improvements
- Leverage email marketing tools to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies that maximize customer retention, lead nurturing, and up-sell programs
- Develop an email optimization strategy based on customer data to personalize the email experience
- Map out segmentation and contact strategy based on customer preference, past email performance and marketing objectives
- Own email calendar, testing plans, and prioritization.
- Create and continuously optimize emails for better engagement: segmentation, messaging and template design inclusive of testing roadmap
- Own push notification operations, optimization and strategy
- Communicate and coordinate with various departments to ensure that the email marketing and push campaigns are implemented efficiently
- Partner with Editorial and Partner Relations teams in developing new email campaign targeting strategies
- Be an email marketing expert, ensuring compliance with CAN-SPAM regulations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years relevant email marketing and direct to consumer marketing experience required; retail, e-commerce industry or email marketing agency preferred
- Deep understanding in email sending process; Working knowledge of email sending system (e.g. Sendgrid) and email delivery platform (e.g. Reture Path, 250ok) required
- Working knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Data manipulation, working in MS Excel and/or Tableau reporting
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables; strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; strives for high degree of precision
- Self-driven, comfortable with fast-paced working environment; and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Able to work independently, yet can also collaborate effectively with larger team
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
Since 2001, Brad’s Deals has been giving shoppers the upper hand by making it quick and easy to find the best deals. We meticulously compare prices, vet merchants, and improve our web and mobile platforms, so users get an awesome experience every time. Partnering with over 2,500 top retailers including Target and Amazon, we’re able to reach more than 50 million consumers a year.
An entrepreneurial spirit guides everything we do, making it possible for each employee to make a big impact here--one reason why we’ve been named among Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Last year, Brad’s Deals also received Workforce Magazine’s Optimas Silver Award for our Women’s Tech Accelerator, which opens our office and resources to women-run businesses. Long story short: we think of a career here as a mutual investment. We're an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at work. Pay is competitive and full benefits are provided, including health, 401k, FSA, and a transportation pre-tax benefit. Learn more about perks at www.BradsDeals.com/careers. We are conveniently located in Chicago's River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations.