Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a Chicago-based Sr. Manager to join the company’s Communications team, reporting to the Vice President of Communications. This person will manage both our national and local media relations strategy and execution to reinforce Grubhub’s industry leading position in online and mobile food ordering, and help to proactively tell our corporate narrative.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial with experience in creating, managing, and executing proactive campaigns that tell a company’s story, reinforces brand promises, and highlights points of differentiation in a highly competitive landscape. This person will need to handle several concurrent projects, act as a trusted advisor to members of Grubhub’s executive management team and manage/mentor team members. This person will also work closely with the rest of the team to create and tell new higher-level corporate narratives, and ensure consistency in messaging across all our lines of business. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must, as well as the ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work with the corporate communications team, helping to optimize and implement media relations programs demonstrating Grubhub’s value proposition through financial, trade, crisis situations, and corporate social responsibility
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build compelling story angles that will resonate with media across different categories and disciplines
- Create internal and external messaging and materials for both specific announcements and for use in an ongoing basis
- Help find, secure, and manage speaking opportunities for members of our executive team to drive the company narrative
- Act as a company spokesperson, when appropriate
You Should Have
- Minimum 8 years experience in a corporate-focused field, ideally with experience at publicly traded companies
- An amazing contact list of national and local business and financial media, including broadcast outlets, food, and restaurant press
- A proven track record in developing and leading communications programs, with the results to show for it
- Superior writing skills for both internal and external audiences
- A natural storytelling disposition, and the ability to create narratives out of anything
- Experience in, and a keen eye for, leveraging data to tell national and local media stories
- The ability to work well within a team, willing to roll up your sleeves and always putting our company mission first
Got These? Even Better!
- Some experience in consumer communications to complement our corporate lead
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working with/managing external agency partners
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.