Sr Manager, Public Relations
The Senior Public Relations Manager is an experienced PR professional who leads and supports the day-to-day activities of the PR department.
This individual leads and supports the implementation of PR, corporate giving and marketing activities to promote and support the strategic objectives and business goals of FTD Companies. In this role, the Senior PR Manager will assist in managing FTD's PR agency of record, strategic planning and daily execution. This individual should have a strong mindset in PR rationale and will lead, execute and assist in PR programs for the FTD brand.
This role requires experience in running PR projects from start to finish, and will work closely with the PR Director and cross-functional teams, including the FTD brand team, marketing, merchandising, planning, HR and legal.
This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position:
The Senior PR Manager role is a part of the Acquisition Marketing team, within the PR department, and contributes to brand-building and customer acquisition goals of the business.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop public relations strategies that support overall marketing, corporate and business goals, under the direction of the PR Director
- Work closely with PR director and FTD's PR agency to develop and execute day-to-day responsibilities
- Create media strategies and angles and run media programs from start to finish
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing FTD to customers, the public, media, and other external sources.
- Proactively seek media opportunities for FTD across all media formats - print, online, broadcast, blogs, etc. Manage reactive media inquiries.
- Draft, edit and review pitch letters, media advisories, press releases, fact sheets, lookbooks and other communications
- Supervise and assist in developing and updating the FTD media contact list
- Oversee media monitoring, measurement and reporting
- Plan and execute events
- Assist with and/or implement other special projects or research assignment initiatives as assigned. Conduct industry research and market intelligence, as appropriate.
- Must take direction well, be a team player and follow through with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage up and meet objectives / deadlines
- Maintain excellent communication with PR director, brand team and other departments
- Promote and uphold FTD's mission, vision and values
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.A. in communications, public relations or related field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in public relations
- Agency experience a bonus
- Expertise in media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including CisionPoint. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Proficient computer skills in required systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with TrendKite