Technical Marketing Engineer
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
Kenna Security is seeking an enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and team player with experience in the cybersecurity industry to play a key role in driving the technical marketing of our products and technologies (Application Security platform focused). You will perform detailed market and competitive analyses to gain insights into critical market drivers and customer needs, as well as key and emerging competitors – including their products, positioning, pricing, and marketing activities – and then translate that intelligence into positioning and differentiated messaging that separates Kenna from the competition. Your insights will be crucial to Kenna Security as we ensure that we're delivering the most innovative and effective risk-based vulnerability management available for our customers. This is a high impact position that reports to the Chief Product Officer. Preferred location is Chicago but open to San Francisco based candidates as well.
- Monitor and analyze competitors’ products, positioning, pricing, and marketing activities and be able to articulate Kenna Security’s differentiated value to inform sales enablement, product launch, and marketing program activities
- Be the trusted SME on competing security solutions and technical features; deliver training and educational materials to internal stakeholders
- Assist in the selling efforts of sales, SE’s, and channel partners by building effective sales tools and training materials such as presentations, competitive battle cards, and product FAQs
- Help convert technical documents into sales tools and customer-facing assets, including webinars, demos, white papers, battle cards, and competitive presentations
- Define and deliver comprehensive technical messaging and positioning (as well as thought leadership content) that enables the broader marketing team to develop and drive effective campaigns and initiatives across their respective areas
- Help develop storyline-based demos that convey Kenna Security’s product differentiation, and train internal stakeholders on how to deliver them
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in a technical product marketing role in the cyber security industry; experience with Application Security preferred
- Experience driving competitive analysis and messaging
- Ability to translate complex concepts and technologies into value propositions aligned to customer/prospect needs
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Passion for learning about new technologies and getting hands-on with products to inform messaging and content creation
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and customers/prospects
- Self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- BA/BS Degree, MBA a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description