Vice President, Marketing and Communications
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, the Vice President, Marketing and Communications will lead marketing and communication strategy and hands on-execution with an acute focus on demonstrating value to our partners in achieving growth goals through marketing, sales support and media and public relations expertise.
Integral to our team, you will take a grassroots approach to support organizational growth and market performance while formulating creative solutions to touch our end users in meaningful ways. Building brand awareness and equity as we continue to expand across various channels on a national stage will be critical to this role. Experience and understanding of industry organizations, social media outlets and managing a growing web presence will be key in leading a successful strategy. Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all requirements for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities of the Vice President, Marketing and Communications include:
- Leading a dynamic company in applying best practices, with particular focus on public relations, media and data-driven approaches while providing leadership to the overall marketing and communications of VillageMD
- Collaborating with senior colleagues to engage prospective partners through marketing, media and public relations strategies and tactics
- Aligning all market agency work with overall corporate and market strategy and plan
- Managing projects from inception including the coordination of external creative resources and vendors to achieve a successful outcome and quality deliverable
- Providing a high level of service and support to the business; successfully integrating into the corporate services and market operations team, and taking a partnership approach to getting things done
- Internalizing business and market feedback to inform and if necessary adjust strategy execution
- Leading and advancing marketing and communication strategy implementation, ongoing evaluation and support including the development and deployment of the necessary process, tools and infrastructure to enable departmental growth
- Leveraging available data points to measure effectiveness of marketing efforts in a B2B environment
- Supporting marketing and PR execution with creative solutions that uniquely leverage scarce resources to drive market value and brand awareness
What will make you successful here?
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- You are highly collaborative, yet skilled at influencing others to achieve results
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or a relevant field required
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive business and marketing generalist experience
- Depth of experience in public relations, media and communications experience required
- Preferred experience working in a grassroots marketing environment
- Healthcare experience and public company experience preferred
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence; can integrate with a team, engender trust and leverage relationships to get work done
- Proven project management skills evidenced by the ability to effectively coordinate multiple vendors and resources, meet deadlines and adhere to budgets
- Hands on approach including strong command of details
- An optimistic outlook and “can do” attitude
- Exposure to or direct experience with B2B marketing a serious plus
- You have a keen focus on results, and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.