Who We Are
At 8th Light we take a human-centered approach to software delivery, collaborating with the people writing the code as well as those using it. We embrace the need for adaptability in a constantly changing world. We are a team of polyglot generalists—thinkers and doers ready to take on most any challenge that we encounter.
We are in a dynamic phase as a company, poised to grow organically through increased market penetration as well as inorganically through mergers and acquisitions. This role will be instrumental in accelerating our growth through leading our demand generation efforts, owning our brand, and creating a content marketing strategy to position 8th Light as the thought leaders in our market.
Our Vice President of Growth Marketing will take 8th Light to the next level by using their creativity, innovative and strategic thinking, and passion for data-driven decisions to build and lead a marketing program from the ground up. A critical feature of this program is that it reflects the 8th Light values of Ownership, Humanity and Education. The result will be an increase in our leading edge impact in the software consultancy community as measured by awareness, consideration and preference among potential clients and employees.
The successful candidate will have exceptional tactical marketing skills coupled with sharp analytical skills that can continuously optimize a sustainable growth strategy. They must also have intellectual curiosity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the emotional intelligence to build a program while building solid relationships and inspiring internal teams.
Who You Are
- Successful leader who has strategically improved other companies’ marketplace standing.
- Proven responsibility for leading campaign strategies, metrics & analytics.
- Experience executing on campaign strategies to deliver measurable results.
- Proven expertise in demand generation, lifecycle marketing, awareness building, market positioning and consultancies.
- Strong understanding of ROI-based marketing and using market and client/potential client data to make decisions that drive increased demand.
- Experience creating go-to-market strategy that has enabled companies to meet ambitious sales goals.
- Experience leading communication channel usage, content development and managed vendors (social media, marketing, lunch & learns, podcasts, etc.) to increase 8th Light reputation as thought leaders.
- Demonstrated track record in brand development, ownership and stewardship.
- Capable of effectively partnering with the business development team and executives to drive lead generation and achieve sales goals.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment between lead generation, sales, client services, and company culture.
- A proven professional services marketer with an existing network of relationships built on trust.
What You’ll Do At 8th Light
As the Vice President of Growth Marketing you will be instrumental in leading our marketing strategy, programming, and growth efforts. You will have a tangible impact on our company’s future and on our ability to lead the way work is done in our industry. Reporting to the founder and co-CEO, you’ll be responsible for:
- Building a Marketing function and program, driven by thought leadership that positions 8th Light as the leader in our market space.
- Owning our demand generation process and building out our content strategy.
- Designing, leading and executing on marketing campaigns, strategies, activities, and events that generate qualified leads and have a significant impact on our ability to meet and exceed our sales goals.
- Leading company efforts in building and maintaining a measurable, successful and predictable customer acquisition engine.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with operations and business development to scale both existing and potential markets.
- Creating and analyzing dashboards, metrics and other measurables to determine success of campaigns, future direction, etc.
- Adding value to our business development team.
- Assessing the marketing capabilities of possible M&A targets from a demand perspective.
- Generating external facing communications, ad buys, sponsorships, etc.
- Building out processes and infrastructure to support and align lead generation activities.
- Managing relationships with marketing vendors and contractors in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner that ensures productive partnerships.
- Managing a communications specialist, supporting both internal and external communications efforts aligned to an overarching strategy.
- Developing a budget and managing spend to align with growth goals.
- Providing leadership that aligns to our values, building teams.
Nice to Have
- Experience in marketing professional services to C-suite technology buyers.
- Proven ability in building a B2B marketing tech stack to scale for growth.
We recognize that creating a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization is an ongoing journey, and we’re excited to share our journey with you. We have a proud tradition of hiring talented colleagues.
8th Light is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.