VP, Marketing at Buildout, Inc.
In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value Customers, for the Marketing department it means we make time through research and analysis to understand our ideal customer’s interests and then figure out how to best engage with them to share useful and engaging information about our products and other topics of interest. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies with negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 as one of the country’s fastest growing companies, four years in a row.
Buildout is looking for a visionary Marketing leader who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing the overall marketing strategy for the company with a focus on demand generation and customer marketing. Reporting to the EVP of Operations, this leader will help us improve the existing lead generation process, technology and operations to reach new customers more effectively, and drive demand for our product offering to increase revenue, retention and overall product adoption for new and existing customers.
This is both a leadership/strategic and an execution/doer role. The VP of Marketing will be rolling up their sleeves and doing the execution work alongside the rest of the marketing team. If you have the ability and flexibility to bring together marketing strategy, inspiration, innovation, execution, and thought leadership, and are interested in joining a fast-growing company, then this role is for you.What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- You will have proven success leading marketing of software/technology and brands at different life stages of organizational growth including managing and developing teams with 4+ direct reports.
- You will have at least 10 years of B2B SaaS marketing and sales experience. Although not required, it would be great if you also had B2C sales and marketing experience.
- You will have focused your career on delivering measurable marketing ROI with expertise in all aspects of B2B (and, additionally, B2C direct marketing), including database marketing, SEO, analytics/segmentation, media planning and all forms of digital and offline marketing.
- You will have a strong track record of leveraging data and marketing analytics to provide insights and make recommendations to reach customer and channel partners in new ways to improve sales, profitability and marketing ROI.
- You are a skilled communicator with experience presenting to internal stakeholders, customers, and agency partners.
- You are assertive and yet are also a great listener and can be influenced by others’ perspectives.
- Although we are open to applicants out of state, the ideal candidate will be based in Chicago
This role will focus on four key areas: leadership, demand generation, campaign performance, lead generation, and leadership. More specifically:
- You will develop a marketing vision and strategy for the company.
- You will lead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing with your department of 4+ direct reports, including the utilization of marketing tactics to support customer/prospect interactions, including online/offline communities, events, and customer advisory boards.
- You will recruit, hire, train, develop and lead the Marketing team, building increased competency across web and SEO, paid media, email and marketing automation, and other direct marketing activities.
- You will partner with Sales, Product Marketing, Customer Success, and other functional leaders to determine the best model for implementing account-based marketing, retention marketing, customer reference programs, and other revenue generating activities.
- You will manage internal marketing resources, external vendors and budget to accomplish goals.
- You will educate our Sales team on the role of demand generation within existing customer base and new client acquisition and evangelize the strategic capacity of marketing across Buildout.
- You will generate regular reporting for all major metrics used internally for the marketing team, senior leadership, and investor reporting.
- In alignment with our marketing and sales strategy, you will guide the creation and execution of compelling outbound marketing campaigns.
- You will work to optimize existing campaigns by monitoring performance reports and KPIs.
- You will standardize creation and execution processes to drive efficiency, repeatability, and overall effectiveness of all demand generation approaches across the organization.
- You will assume responsibility for highly repeatable lead generation-related tasks (e.g, data analysis).
- You will partner with Sales, Product, and Customer Success leaders to create internal and external facing sales tools for the customer audience.
- You will analyze industry trends, market conditions and competitors’ marketing tactics to continuously improve demand generation strategy.
- You will monitor KPIs and other data to ensure all marketing dollars are spent wisely in pursuit of revenue generation.
- You will develop the Marketing Operations function to instrument and monitor the key metrics and KPIs for marketing sourced and marketing influenced leads.
- You will harness the capabilities of the marketing organization to leverage and extend thought leadership, research and brand campaigns through our digital, event and media channels.
- You will measure the impact of marketing activities on customer growth, retention and financial outcomes, and communicate these impacts within the organization.
- You will coordinate a fluid and engaging brand experience across all marketing campaigns.
- You will inform and direct efforts to integrate marketing automation platforms to CRM and other systems or digital channels.
- You will work closely with Product and Sales teams in support of our go-to-market strategy, to segment target audiences that fit our ideal customer profile.
- You will establish budgets and quantitative goals for top-of-funnel lead generation activities that support revenue growth.
- You will partner with Sales to identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities within the customer base.
- You will drive continuous performance improvement through the identification, documentation and implementation of digital demand creation best practices.
- You will extend the reach and impact of marketing automation throughout the customer lifecycle (e.g. pipeline acceleration, lead nurturing, customer retention).
- You will extend the marketing funnel by piloting and rolling out self-service programs.
- You will implement best practices in database management to increase data integrity and market reach; support marketing database strategy and data requests (e.g. segmentation, list pulls).
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting in Chicago once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.