What you will be doing:
Lumere is seeking a Vice President of Marketing to develop and execute a strategy that supports the company’s growth targets and expands user adoption. He/she will think broadly about branding strategy and customer value levers in order to create, roll out, sell and upsell innovative products and services that deliver value to clients as well as provide the execution ‘know how’. The role will report to the Chief Development Officer.
A successful candidate will be an intelligent, strategic and outcome-oriented marketer who has demonstrated success leading upstream and downstream marketing initiatives in a high growth SaaS company. He/she will also be committed to Lumere’s mission to cultivate a healthcare ecosystem that is evidence-based and data-driven and will be able to communicate Lumere’s compelling value proposition, story and vision effectively to the C-‐Suite of hospital systems, including a clinical audience, to drive revenue growth and increase the impact of our offering.
- Act as the core marketing and execution strategist for Lumere through an inflection point in growth, setting overall marketing plans and budgets, thinking broadly about customer value levers, and working with the CEO, Chief Development Officer, marketing team and outside vendors to drive increased brand awareness, lead generation and overall growth and expansion of Lumere initiatives
- Establish and drive brand strategy and integration around Lumere’s value proposition, market opportunity, and the firm’s particular brand of innovation
- Develop a deep understanding of Lumere’s target market and work with product and client success leadership to help drive positioning and packaging for Lumere’s solutions and services across the hospital enterprise with an eye toward product optimization and expansion
- Craft and hone key messages for communications taking responsibility for ensuring alignment with key market segments, strategies and road-‐ mapping initiatives
- Create and oversee the tactical execution of Lumere’s marketing plan, leveraging internal resources to deliver targeted, effective marketing collateral, proactive lead generation, and sales support initiatives, specifically:
- Design and manage demand generation programs that drive revenue including marketing-‐driven campaigns, events, webinars, SEO, SEM, webinars, ad-‐retargeting, etc.
- Ensure all marketing events and communications are planned, executed and consistently followed-‐ up with in a way that drives leads, ensures a return/value on the investment, and result in an effective use of resources
- Conceptualize and execute creative and differentiated strategies, programs, and tools that support sales and the selling process
- As appropriate, manage vendors to support creation of programs, materials, PR strategies and implementation, etc. as well as the internal review and approval of resulting deliverables
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts and use metrics to drive improvements in all elements of marketing
- Fully integrate with Lumere’s executive leadership team; collaborate and act as a thought partner
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-‐tier college or university; MBA highly desirable
- Deep intelligence and the DNA of a forward thinking and metrics-‐oriented marketing leader; operates with a curiosity, open-‐mindedness, and confidence that will drive innovation and scale. Experience in all aspects of marketing for a SaaS company, including:
- Demonstrated experience in a product marketing/management within healthcare; s/he should be a creative thinker who can strategize around new uses or functions for product/service and help shape the offering based on his/her understanding of the market and competitive landscape, as well as his/her vision, taking into account not only what the customer says (s)he wants, but what (s)he needs.
- Strong communication capabilities. Ability to turn green-‐field ideas and other complex concepts into clear campaigns, messages and communications
- Experience managing a variety of lead generation, digital advertising campaigns, including SEO/SEM, email, print, and social
- Extensive experience operating in Enterprises and influencing key, C-‐Suite decision makers
- Strong recruiting, team development, and vendor/agency management experience
- Growth company DNA -‐ experience working in a small company environment and desire to be hands-‐on, detail-‐oriented and get down into the weeds
- Has a natural empathy for what others are doing, can communicate Lumere’s value proposition in the context of an audience’s environment, and can tell the Lumere ‘story’ flawlessly
- Passionate about Lumere’s mission and value